• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DX58S0 Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Board looks OK but I dont think its up there in top OC boards seems to be a good Media board, well best I can tell till someone reviews it on a forum.

LOL
T&B

Noone has faith in the board. You can pickup a Giga/Asus/EVGA for cheaper and thats what people go with. Its a good stable board, but the pricing doesnt work for it. People either go low or high, not middle of the road which is where this board is at.

As far as good for overclocking, I think it does just as well as the lowend big names, even better. Its very stable until hit hits its bclck wall (usually 218-220). Also, it only has 4 DIMM slots, which is a turn-off, although Im not sure why as most people only run 3 slots anyways.

Thanks for the quick replies. doz I see you use the DX58S0 and are at 4.2 ghz. What i7 are you using.I have reading reviews for days on mother boards. Some of the top of the line, Giga/Asus/EVGA all have there good and bad. I will be buying every thing from my local Intel store but they will get me anything. If you still had a choice would you still get the Intel DX58SO or pink another one.

This is just my opion!!!

I have tried most all the mid top to top boards as a builder depending on what you trying to do RE: extreme clocking or just simple clocking any good mid. line board matched with proper memory and cards or card with a 920 should go 4.2 if your looking to go higher then a board one down from the top line will usualy get you higher 4.5 or so and more I have had a 920 in both the GA-x58-UD5 and a evga 141-759 A1 same chip and the gig board did 4.6 vs the evga doing 4.4 stable 24/7 on water, I sold the chip and Gig board to a client and it is running at 4.2 on AIR with 1.3 Vcore @37c idle

So pending what your looking to do the intel board could be just fine for your needs and with better cooling any board will give you more.

But I will stress this again MY opion!!!

Match up the board you buy with memory and a good PS to run things. Also I have had the best results using GSkill memory never a issue seems to take to most all boards and clocks very well.

LOL
T&B

Will CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT RAM WITH FAN. 6 gigs
Corsair (XMS Series) CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 Desktop Memory [6N82E16820145269] work well with the DX58S0 and i7-920 DO.

Back