• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead 3850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyussinchains

I decided to reuse my old 3850 card in my wife's PC, she's been getting into a few games lately and her PC only has an onboard geforce 6100 chip so struggles with almost anything. The 3850 was working perfectly when I removed it from my rig around 18 months ago, it's been stored relatively well, in a box with nothing else to bash it around, and I've always taken care to observe ESD precautions when handling it.

However I plugged it in today and nothing happened, GPU-z returned an error when I tried to run it using the onboard gfx, atiflash came up with an error too.

I tried it in my computer and it wouldn't even post, just kept trying to boot up and failing.

I'm 90% sure the card is borked but it would be nice if anyone can suggest anything to try before I chuck it out.

I fitted an S1 heatsink to it before I upgraded to my 4870 and it ran great for a fair while, otherwise it's stock, no volt mods or anything and stock BIOS

any ideas?

Back