• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 260M Headaches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tserrof

A friend of mine has one of those great bang-for-the-buck Gateway FX laptops that is equipped with a GTX 260M GPU. Everything with the system seems fine except that it REFUSES to install a driver for the GPU. I've tried both win7 32 bit and 64 bit with multiple install attempts and have used drivers from laptopvideo2go, nvidia, and the gateway website.

Regardless of what driver i try it refuses to install and quits the installer reading with an error message: "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

ANY help would be appreciated. Has anyone run into something like this before?? I'm at my wits end trying to get this system to take a simple driver.

This is the laptop: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10133772&catid=25316

Back