• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brothers IMAC wont detect our home wifi network.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A15G

This has been an issue for 4-5 months now and its really bothering my parents that a ethernet cable is running from our router to my brothers imac. All across the house.

For some weird reason (for me atleast, ive never came upon ever) his imac wont detect our wifi connection but can detect those around us.

Is there something we have to configure?

This has been an issue for 4-5 months now and its really bothering my parents that a ethernet cable is running from our router to my brothers imac. All across the house.

For some weird reason (for me atleast, ive never came upon ever) his imac wont detect our wifi connection but can detect those around us.

So, he can't even SEE the network? Do you have public SSID broadcast turned on in your router settings? Is your network a wireless-N?

Is it possible that your wireless network is running in wireless N only mode?

Back