• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't get some games running in Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grs

I just put together a new PC with Windows 7 but the following two games will not run:-

BioShock
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate

It wasn't very clear as to why they would not run and I can't run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -Clear Sky because of Insufficient Privilages and it went on to say a driver would not work with Windows 7 something called TAGES SA

Stalker and Bioshock worked fine on my last PC, FEAR I could never get to install for some reason. I have a few more to load on so I might find more problems with other games.

Anyone else have problems with these games, how did you solve them?

I've just tried that and made no difference.
With Stalkewr it say I need admin rights for the first time I run the program.

I've run Bioshock on Windows 7 without any problems (it was the Steam version). Make sure Bioshock is patched up to its latest version.

As for STALKER, TAGES SA is the DRM the game uses. If it says you need to run it as admin once, browse to the .exe file for STALKER, right click and hit "Run as Administrator".

64 bit OS I'm guessing. Bioshock didn't work for me when I used a disk version but using the steam version it worked. I'm guessing it patched itself for a 64 bit OS.

As for F.E.A.R I don't know what's going on there... all F.E.A.R games work fine here (w7 home 64 and W7 ultimate 64)

I never had Fear Perseus Mandate running before, My last system with Windows XP would not install it for some reason. I do have it installed now on Windows 7.

I tried to run Stalker as admin but still the same error message. It says a driver is installed that causes stability problems with Windows and because of this it has been disabled. Had can I force enable this driver?

After some messing about I've got Stalker working.

Last edited:
So I may install these games in Win 7 as well.

I am taking it that registering them and installing through Steam is an answer to the OP's problem then ?

Back