• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Memory Deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont think thats a good deal at all. screw ebay when you can go to newegg for a little more. and looks like a few more post and you can buy here. good stuff at great prices from good people

hmm, seems shady to buy a set of ram, knowing that you're going to rma them. The economy is bad, but you've gotta have ethics.

I don't know that this is the same kind of situation as say someone RMAing a part that they knowingly destroyed through abuse, or someone RMAing a stick because it doesn't overclock well. It's tough to tell if the former is the situation here, but you're buying 3 gigs guaranteed in the sale and getting the bad one for "free" basically, OCZ memory has a lifetime warranty and I didn't see anything on their site that says the warranty doesn't transfer to a new owner. Would RMAing that stick be a morally questionable thing to do? I don't think I'd have an issue with RMAing that bad stick just for the hell of it, see if OCZ will replace it with the understanding that they might not honor the RMA after an inspection and be cool with it if they don't replace it. I don't think $60 for 3 gigs of DDR2-800 is a good deal. Spend a few dollars extra and get some brand new DDR2, or some RAM from our classifieds.

LOL at the "SLI Ready" badges on those sticks. :D

Last edited:
The way OCZ handles the RMA though, the would honor the warranty on the stick, but require the whole kit be RMA'd. Then they'd replace the whole kit, since it was a dual channel kit.

So, while you're "buying" 3 used ddr2 chips, in the end you'd be recieving 4 brand new chips. AND would still have the lifetime warranty.

Also, it doesn't appear that OCZ is producing 2x1 kits anymore, I see a few 2x2 kits, and one 4x2 kit. So that means RMA will probably wind up sending him upgraded components.

Last edited:
Back