• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Things are Looking UP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
awsm.png

NOT YET!!​

Wait until 1:10 pm. PST :thup:

Double your pleasure, double your fun ...

>> with 2 X bigadv Wu's finishing on the same day!

The one you see now is the server (2 quad core Xeon 5420 @ 2.5GHz). The next one will be the i7 940 @3.68GHz)

Both are now folding the -bigadv WU's, 24/7

Sorry...missed the PST part of it.

Not bad! You just got in the top 20 average PPD for the team with that second WU! :salute:

(applies mental powers to FedEx to get the truck to show up earlier)

Easily my best folding day ever!

Attachments

• BestDay.jpg
    BestDay.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 152
The dual quad server has taken 2 days and 12 hours. The i7 takes 2 days and 6 hours.

This is with 24/7 folding in native Ubuntu on the extra large big Wu's. Currently, both rigs are totally dedicated to folding.

Wow adak! those are some incredible numbers, and a huge gain in your production!

Looks like I'll be moving down another spot soon. :bang head

:salute:

:cool:

WOW WTF Adak,,,, That is some Awesome Folding Well done Mate! :thup: :salute:
:clap::clap::clap:

Think I need to find some more GPU,s to fill some empty Slots ,,,Lol :shrug:

Very nice PPD increase! The time on your I7 is really really good, you must not be using a video card for folding on it right?

You are quite right Computekinc.

On the i7, if you put a gpu card in there, and you're folding on 8 cores, you immediately drop in production - more than I would have expected. An average might be 2,000 points per day. (This is with just 2 SMP regular wu's and one GTX 280 with the latest drivers.

Would that be true with these new wu's?

I wanted to test what a "base" setting for my rigs would be, running just these new wu's. Now I have the 280 installed and ready to start folding in the server (the dual quad), which seems to have less of a slow-down when you have the gpu folding client working. Maybe it's because it has 8 physical cores, instead of hyperthreading, or maybe it's because the Xeon cpu's have a different cache design.

I don't know, but we'll see soon. :cool:

iHrsetrdr: Right - the i7 and 1 slightly older, dual quad server.

Wait..... I thought the contest was over... hehe

up.png

:eek:

:rock:

Last edited:
Wait..... I thought the contest was over :confused:

The contest is over, but we've set our sights on starting to overtake [H]!

We are actually outproducing them RIGHT NOW!!! :rock:

Us for the last 2 days:
Code:
02.04.10 3,855,021 5,322 
02.03.10 4,296,997 5,458

[H] for the last 2 days:
Code:
02.04.10 3,764,436 6,469 
02.03.10 4,229,252 6,964

Back