• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock help please E2200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mugen09

Registered
Okay so I was reading up quite a thew different WebPages this to be my best hope.

I have an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 at the moment stock spec'ed untouched

I read around like I said and seen quite a thew people have got this cpu to 2.8ghz even 3.0ghz I would like to over clock my E2200 to at least 2.8ghz.

Ps I am totally new to over clocking so any links or programs I could use to help me over clock would be greatly appreciated

Everything else about my pc is pretty high end.
Psu: 800watt
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI
Ram: OCZ 4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 PLATINUM XTC
Video Card: PALIT GTX275 896MB GDDR3
Phyx’s Card: Point Of View 8800GT 512MB GDDR3

I have the P5N-E SLI in a backup system, so I should be to help you out a little.

First, here are some programs:
CPU-Z v1.52.2 - FSB/RAM/vCore Verification
RealTemp v3.40 - Temp Monitoring
IntelBurnTest v2.3 - Quick Stress Test
ORTHOS - Long Stress Test

After you get those, you'll have to go into the BIOS and change some stuff.

When in the BIOS:

Disable unwanted settings:
Advanced Tab > CPU Configuration > Set C1E and Speedstep to Disabled.

Enable OCing:
Advanced Tab > JumperFree Configuration > Set AI Tuning to Manual

Set RAM to stock specs:
Advanced Tab > JumperFree Configuration > Voltage Control > Set Memory Voltage to your RAM's specs.
Advanced Tab > Chipset > Memory Timings Setting > Set your timings to your RAM's specs.

After you do this we'll get into raising FSB/vCore.

okey thanks for the reply can i overclock my cpu on a santderd intel stock cooler ?

i just done a standerd stress test with intelburntest and my cpu whent to 50c wich is scary so i guss not with a standerd intel stock i will have to wait till monday when i can buy

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176158#

Last edited:
50C pretty low actually, especially with IntelBurnTest. I would try to keep the temps to a max of 80C with IntelBurnTest, and a max of 75C on ORTHOS.

Did you finish the IntelBurnTest? 50C is awesome temps. If your CPU only gets to 50C, then you have some OC room on the stock cooler.

There are better coolers than the one you linked, what your budget for one? I suggest Xigmatek HDT-s1283 Dark Knight for good performance/dollar.

okey so my budget is about £30-40 the higher it goes the longer i have to wait to save for the cooler in the long run this is ment to be cheaper then buying a new cpu lol

dude well come to the forums. I see that you must be over seas from the £.

First down load real temp and all the stuff MattNo5ss said to get.

Next thing I would do back up all your needed info. I have blown out my windows so many times trying to over clock. Get ready for a reformat if you really want to get the most of what you have.

Now read this;
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

I might sound like a **** but you need to start learning and reading. Lots of stuff here to read.

Then make a post once you come to a stop. Hell I can take a new chip and take it way above stock because I know how. How do I know, from playing.

Now go get her killer! And tell your mom i said hi.

Last edited:
Back