• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-920 @ 4.4ghz and beyond

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simviatoR

Can anyone lay down some range of settings expected for this kind of overclock, I know it varies from pc to pc but I need a good starting point to go from.

I had my i7-920 @ 4.3ghz and it had a lower 3dmark06 score than @ 4.0ghz, even with memory @ 1715mhz vcompared to 1600mhz on 4.0ghz?

What are your temps like? It could be throttling or simply very unstable - memory, too. The sort of overclock you're asking for is also way beyond typical.

Here are my settings with my X58 LE board at 4420. You can give them a shot.

1102094419.jpg

What are your temps like? It could be throttling or simply very unstable - memory, too. The sort of overclock you're asking for is also way beyond typical.

Not even close. I know it has to do with the limited knowledge I have of what settings to change, what voltages to change, etc.

this is all water-cooled. I never see 70*c, my 4.0ghz setup is barely touching 59*c

If you look at his "eleet" screenshot it shows the default voltage. So for instance he is actually also giving +200mv to uncore.

Sweet low vcore for 4.4+ wow. I can run low voltage up to about 200 BCLK after that the demands start taking off.

If you look at his "eleet" screenshot it shows the default voltage. So for instance he is actually also giving +200mv to uncore.

Sweet low vcore for 4.4+ wow. I can run low voltage up to about 200 BCLK after that the demands start taking off.

So if its like +100mV, thats 1.2v? I think i got it now.

CPU VTT needs to stay within .5v of your DRAM voltage or you can fry your CPU. This connects the memory with the cores.

Like.. instant junk? or would it keep working but at decreased performance?

If you went that far over, then instant junk. If you went a little over, it would take awhile but would ruin the CPU eventually. That's why you see all of the warnings about not going over 1.65 for DRAM because CPU VTT is 1.15 at default. 1.65-1.15=.5. I keep a safe buffer since mine is .35 difference.

Back