• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Blue screen o' death while loadin win7 on my M4A78T-E ... is it my mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vxsca

Registered
i got a blue screen o death while installin win7 64bit. now, i dont really know if its my mobo. i have had a power shortage to 1 front fan since that incident., i have NO video through my 5770, and i also have no onboard video through my mobo since then. the issue is problem shooting, the front fan pulls full power if connected to the 3pin where the top fan runs, but not on the 3pin for where it supposed to be. my issue is i have zero video what so ever. and system seemed to have been stable during install while i was doing driver update. them blam.... any solutions as to what i could do.. i tried battery reset and jumper reset on the mobo.... no luck. can some one please try to figure out what hardware piece it could be...

Well sounds liek the header was damaged, whether it took anything esle out is unknown.

Might seek an RMA on the motherboard, as for no video, if you get a POST screen but nothing when loading windows, it is a update issue. There were some comments on that look for "Black Screen of Death" as it is being affectionately called.

If you get no video period resetting after pulling video card should have enabled the onboard video.. so it must be the motherboard that is damaged.

Well sounds liek the header was damaged, whether it took anything esle out is unknown.

Might seek an RMA on the motherboard, as for no video, if you get a POST screen but nothing when loading windows, it is a update issue. There were some comments on that look for "Black Screen of Death" as it is being affectionately called.

If you get no video period resetting after pulling video card should have enabled the onboard video.. so it must be the motherboard that is damaged.

thanks neuro, after i stripped down to the bare minimum, i found out a stick of my ram got cooked or was faulty from the beginning, i RMA'd 2 sticks of my ram and the rig has been running stable since.. a bit hot under load with a stock heatsink of course.. but im just letting it run idle at home currently until my xmas break. gonna fix it up a bit with a new heatsick, prolly a zalman of some sort.. having some issues deciding which would be best to use on my am3 board.

Back