• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aion questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TF2

I am interested in getting Aion and I have a few questions:

1. Is it a good game?

2. For the "pay as you go method":
Players who wish to activate the account using PayPal® will be able to choose from the following purchase options*. You can choose to make a One time payment or have your PayPal payment Automatically recur.

* 1 month of game time - $14.99
* 3 months of game time - $39.99 (the equivalent of $13.33 per month)
* 6 months of game time - $75.99 (the equivalent of $12.66 per month)
* 12 months of game time - $139.99 (the equivalent of $11.66 per month)

If I buy say 3 months of game does that expire in 3 months or does it last a year before that play time expires? How does that work?

3. Are most of the botters/spammers that I read were ruining the game banned?

EDIT: 4. Is there a trial to see if I like the game before I buy it?
Thanks in advance! :burn:

1. Is it a good game?

Very subjective. It has a good base, and wants to be good. But there are a million and one small things wrong with it holding it back. It will fall into obscurity like AoC and WAR unfortunately.

2. For the "pay as you go method":
Players who wish to activate the account using PayPal® will be able to choose from the following purchase options*. You can choose to make a One time payment or have your PayPal payment Automatically recur.

* 1 month of game time - $14.99
* 3 months of game time - $39.99 (the equivalent of $13.33 per month)
* 6 months of game time - $75.99 (the equivalent of $12.66 per month)
* 12 months of game time - $139.99 (the equivalent of $11.66 per month)

If I buy say 3 months of game does that expire in 3 months or does it last a year before that play time expires? How does that work?

You pay $39.99 and have 3 months of access to the game. Say you pay on January 1st. You get billed $39.99. You can play until April 1st, at which time you will be billed $39.99 again.

I only played the first month of release, and the botter/spammer problem was BAD. Like, there are 10 botters in this area I need to quest in, ruin the game bad. Don't know if it changed or not, but probably not.

EDIT: 4. Is there a trial to see if I like the game before I buy it?
Thanks in advance! :burn:

No =\

Very subjective. It has a good base, and wants to be good. But there are a million and one small things wrong with it holding it back. It will fall into obscurity like AoC and WAR unfortunately.

You pay $39.99 and have 3 months of access to the game. Say you pay on January 1st. You get billed $39.99. You can play until April 1st, at which time you will be billed $39.99 again.

I only played the first month of release, and the botter/spammer problem was BAD. Like, there are 10 botters in this area I need to quest in, ruin the game bad. Don't know if it changed or not, but probably not.

No =\

Thanks for the prompt response and answering every question. I don't quite understand what NCSoft's thinking was when they did the "pay as you play" method. It seems to me that it is exactly the same as the normal monthly option, if I understood it right...

I still play it and almost to lvl 50 (don't really level much, mostly pvp/sometimes instances), about the following questions though:

1. Is it a good game?

As said, highly subjective, but generally from a PvE'er point of view it is kind of mediocre at this point. From a PvP'er point of view, more inclined to like it as PvP and PvPvE are the main focus of the game. There are of course some annoyances but the pros of having an open PvP world (and even more open is the Abyss with full flight capabilities, combat is way less 'two dimensional' than other PvP games), to me, far outweigh most of the cons. The current iteration of the game is still very in 'baby stage' though, if you see the Aion Visions trailer then you see a completely new, much better and more complete game; that's what we'll get in the first expansion.

Yes, recently NCSoft started mass bannings on botters and goldfarmers and they are continuing. I play on one of the highest populated servers (Zikel) and now there are much, much less botters anywhere I go. I used to see basically hundreds of them every day, at least several dozen in each zone; but this week I've only seen one or two, reported them, and within a day they were gone. I don't think 100% of them are banned yet, but a vast majority of them seem to be.

Well, I watched this review:
, towards the end at around 6 minutes he talks about paying with pay time units, was that in the beta only, to purchase pay time units? That's what I thought that the pay as you go method was...I'm confused...

Well, I watched this review:
, towards the end at around 6 minutes he talks about paying with pay time units, was that in the beta only, to purchase pay time units? That's what I thought that the pay as you go method was...I'm confused...

Nah that isn't the pay method. it's the old method of payment they use in korean release.

I thought tons of people here were playing this? Did it fizzle?

Yes, most of the people probably stopped playing it since they're not really used to those types of games (meaning grindy, but I've played much worse grind games) and were under the impression that NCSoft will do nothing about bots and goldsellers. Much of the top end Abyss gear takes quite a bit of time to get also, and many people hate that; they feel the game is 'too hardcore' I guess.

Nah that isn't the pay method. it's the old method of payment they use in korean release.

Yes, most of the people probably stopped playing it since they're not really used to those types of games (meaning grindy, but I've played much worse grind games) and were under the impression that NCSoft will do nothing about bots and goldsellers. Much of the top end Abyss gear takes quite a bit of time to get also, and many people hate that; they feel the game is 'too hardcore' I guess.

OK thanks again. Is there any difference between the standard pay method and the pay as you go method? I don't see one...unless it's just people paying with paypal and people paying with credit cards...http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncso...nMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

OK thanks again. Is there any difference between the standard pay method and the pay as you go method? I don't see one...unless it's just people paying with paypal and people paying with credit cards...http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncso...nMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

The two options I see are one-time payment and automatically recurring payment. I usually choose one-time payment for 3 months, and near the end of that period if the game is still good after 3 months and I feel like playing it more, I pay for another 3. With automatically recurring you won't have to sign in and setup another payment, it just automatically renews it according to whatever plan you chose until you cancel it.

The two options I see are one-time payment and automatically recurring payment. I usually choose one-time payment for 3 months, and near the end of that period if the game is still good after 3 months and I feel like playing it more, I pay for another 3. With automatically recurring you won't have to sign in and setup another payment, it just automatically renews it according to whatever plan you chose until you cancel it.

Oh ok, I see what it is now. The paypal is the reccuring method. Thanks. I am no longer confused.:shock: The one-time payment seems better to me too.

I still play it and i have blast, participating in fortress sieges and rifts are a blast.. tho i could see the end game not being to fulfilling as i'm only lvl 37 atm.

I thought tons of people here were playing this? Did it fizzle?

The game failed badly (IMO). If you go over to aionsource forums and go to the review section, every thread is about how the game has failed.

It had a great start and a lot of potential, but as said in this thread, there are a million things wrong with it.

And yes, NCsoft does NOT care about botters / gold spammers. I should know, I botted my char from 20 to 30 because I decieded not to renew my subscription and didn't care if I got banned (low and behold that never happened).

Back