• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else getting annoyed at youtube?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omsion

Yeah. They're clearly having server capacity issues for the longest time (at least for the last half year). You'll have the random videos that won't load, or load absurdly slowly. Sometimes switching quality throws you onto a different server that isn't overloaded. Other times no luck, you're stuck waiting 5 minutes for a 30s video load at 1kbps or whatever, while other videos are fine due to being directed to a different server. It's pretty bad for me, I think...every third or fourth video is a pain to watch.

Pretty annoying.

What annoys me the most are 90% of videos from a corporation, not just from your average joe, are "Unavailable in your country" unless I use a US proxy.

Exposure Room (http://www.exposureroom.com) has been looking better lately.

It has HD support and seems to usually load videos a lot faster!

Unfortunately, with YouTube, some videos may be getting disabled because of false copyright claims.

Some folks are reporting people having videos at YouTube disabled with false copyright claims.

YouTube is now full of DRM!

Last edited:
I blame Flash.

Flash is such a piece of garbage, so resource intensive, it is a steaming pile of *** hog. Check out ClickToFlash. It lets you watch youtube videos in H.264 format (if available) instead of that godawful spawn of the devil product called Flash.

Last edited:
Back