• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats yer fav mouse and why? Whats your fav keyboard and why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

Title says it. I love my mouse the wireless logitech trackman wheel. The why being no more wrist hurting.

Kinda hate my keyboard as it doesn't fit my desk well (really long on sides cuz of programmable buttons) and feels cheap but I love the lights. Its a Saitek cyborg. Was just going to just ask for a recommendation but thought this would be a more fun thread, so let's hear 'em.

Last edited:
I love my saitek eclipse, had it for about 1 year and a half and going strong. I love it since I do not really need macro keys, just something simple, study, and looks good. It also matches the rest of my case and computer.

The mx518 I have been using for about 3 years, it is my 2nd one since I spilled something on the first one. Good mouse, hope they never discontinue it. Fits my hand well.

Logitech G7: Its an amazing mouse, comfy, 2 rechargeable batteries, great warranty and after sale support with logitech. (i had the V1, but since the batteries werent holding a charge, they send me the updated version of the mouse free of charge.

Logitech G15. Backlit, lcd screen for clock when i play during those late nights.

Mouse
Logitech G5 (3-tone). I bought this wireless keyboard/mouse combo from logitech ages ago, and the mouse was basically an optical, wireless version of the G5 (same shape, color, one additional thumb button). -- OK, I actually managed to figure out what combo it was! It was the Mx Duo. So anyway I liked that mouse a lot, but the batteries started to go south so I decided to get the G5, which was basically the same only better and without the hassle of needing to be recharged. Unfortunately, I detest the crackled blue theme that they were being sold in at the time, and had to search for a while before I found one of the 3-tone ones. I'm happy I did. It's a very good mouse (one of the best!) both ergonomically and in terms of accuracy and that sort of thing, without having that over-the-top look that a lot of the gaming stuff has. Which brings me to...

Keyboard
I really don't like a lot of the good keyboards being sold today because of their flashy (sometimes literally) appearances. I still love the keyboard that came in the MX Duo bundle. The keys aren't overly clicky, yet there's a definite tactile response still there. Maybe it's just a little bit worn out, but I really like the way it feels. I like a fairly simple looking keyboard, and this one has a few function buttons (which I basically don't use...) but they layout breaks up the typical square shape you see in keyboards that gives the look a little flavor. I do use the media controls quite a bit, especially the volume wheel. That would practically be a requirement for a new keyboard if I were to get one. I could probably be agreeable with something towards the Das keyboard end of the spectrum, but I'd cringe every time I saw the rigid, blocky shape sitting on my desk. It just hurts. I like a little bit of elegance in my computing.

But again, without being over the top.

Wow, I didn't realize I was so passionate about my user-input devices :p

Basic Logitech optical mouse. It's cheap and lasts, I really can't get comfy with ergo shaped mice.

Keyboard, well, currently using a PS2 Dell server keyboard with integrated trackball. It cost me nothing and the main feature for me? It black.

Heck, the screen, gamepad and the actual computer are the things matter to me. If they're not right neither is the whole experience.

I miss my old honeywell keyboard though. A very comfy keyboard to use. Why did honeywell have to go bust though? They had such great kit, now my only real choice comes down to Logitech peripherals. Not for gamepads though, I prefer the PowerWave controllers.

I've owned the following keyboards and mice:

Keyboards:
IBM model M
saitek eclipse II
logitech g15 (origional version)

Mice:
mx1000
G7 (both versions they have different material for the bottom part of the mouse)
mx518

Out of these I sold off or loaned all but my mx518 and saitek eclipse II which I consider the best combo so long as you don't require wireless.

I like the

Steelseries Merc Stealth
Microsoft Reclusa
keyboards

and i like the

Logitech MX revolution
Steelseries Kinzu
mouses :D

My rusty > 10 years IBM M weapon keyboard & MS Natural Wireless 6000. :D

kbnmouse.jpg
The keyboard is modded with those really bright multi colored leds.

Reason for the keyboard ? I will leave that to other IBM M fanatics to jump in here for their comments. ;)

As for mouse, its really help my old man wrist and I hate tangling wire.

Logitech G7: Its an amazing mouse..

+ 1 for the G7. During very long programming sessions, the abilty to change the battery very quickly and easily is indispensible. Nothing worse, IMHO than cords on mice or dead mouse batteries that require a cradle or hunting down a new set of batteries.

I'm currently using a Logitech MX 3200 keyboard (2 of them, actually), neither of which I'm too fond of. Lagey, tempermental andthe keys have a great deal of stiction after a year or so of use. I have a Razer Lycosa on the way; I'm optimistic that it will be a big improvement. After so many years, I've finally realized that wireless keyboards are kind of pointless for my use.

View attachment 78727
The keyboard is modded with those really bright multi colored leds.

Reason for the keyboard ? I will leave that to other IBM M fanatics to jump in here for their comments. ;)

As for mouse, its really help my old man wrist and I hate tangling wire.

I'm not as hardcore as you but I have a 9 year old HP keyboard and still use it on my rig.... First PC with it was a P3 1GHz Coppermine. :D And now a Core i5. Hehe.

I'm not as hardcore as you but I have a 9 year old HP keyboard and still use it on my rig.... First PC with it was a P3 1GHz Coppermine. :D And now a Core i5. Hehe.

hah my parents are still using the HP keyboard that came with their first computer 12 years ago. It was a PI, 133 mhz.

Closer to 20 than 10 I'm guessing!

My fav mouse? Modded G5 in sig. Fits my had perfectly, like it was custom made or something... ;)

Fav keyboard, haven't found one I really like yet, but my original G15 has been the best so far.

Honestly, my favorite mouse is the Gyration Air Mouse GO Plus.
http://www.gyration.com/images/stories/product_shots/gym1100na_side.jpg
It's geeky as hell, but when I'd play mechwarrior i'd use it like a joystick and have a lot of fun.
Good range, and such. Used it in a few classes in college when giving presentations. Then got a small version that didn't have the built in optical and used that for presentations.

@bing, pop those keys off and put them all in the dishwasher :shock:

Keyboard: Logitech G15

Mouse: well its definitely NOT Mickey.

I don't use a mouse. Logitech Trackman Marble Wheel, trackball FTW.

MX518 for me. Fits comfy in my hands. Love the looks too.

My favorite keyboard right now is the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. Pretttyyyyy~~

Mouse: MX1000
Because my mitts are dam big this particular mouse fits perfectly. The smaller mice after a while makes the palm of my hand cramp up between the thumb and pinkie :-/

Keyboard: Microsoft Digital Media 3000
Simple, has evrything I need on it and it doesn't take up alot of space on my desk. I used to have the Logitech G15, but to me that was a waste as I did'nt use 75% of the keys and the LCD. Pinky has that now.

MX518 for me. Fits comfy in my hands. Love the looks too.

My favorite keyboard right now is the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. Pretttyyyyy~~

Love my trackman too! Hand doesn't cramp up, like it wireless cuz I use it in my lap.

My favorite mouse is either the cheap Logitech optical mice (I've had a few) or the Deathadder. I like the feel of the Deathadder and I'm used to the Logitechs.

My favorite keyboard is the Model M. I like it because of the feel and clickyness (sp?) of the keys, I can type quicker with it then I can with rubber-dome keyboards. Reminds me that I need to get a USB adaptor so I can use mine with OS X.

The Razer Lycosa came today and I have a new favorite keyboard :D

I don't even need to remove the Windows key and superglue it down, as the keyboard has a built-in function to disable it! Ctrl + S/C/V/W/A/Q/Z has never been better!

Back