• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any how-to guides on cable routing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

My coolermaster elite 330 seems to be a bit of an air-flow problem due to my total lack of any cable management:

IMG_0170.jpg

Are there any how-to guides other than common sense for sorting out cable routing?

all you need to do is fiddle around with your wires and see how the best way to route them.
you could do some dremeling and drill some holes for cables to go behind the mobo tray.
using cable ties is also a good way to bunch up cables.
usually a neat system is enough to stop airflow restriction. drillings holes isn't a must-do to counter airflow restriction.

Try and zip tie all the loose cables together. This will help a bit. I eventually dremeled holes in the back of the mother board tray, which helped with the routing. It also depends on the back side of your case, if you're able to run cables behind the MB tray and still close your case. I had to physically put all 190 lbs of my body on the back door to close mine. I never want to open it again.

Yep done some heavy mods to my case as well. Black interior, cut out fan grills and replaced with open-air chrome ones, cut some holes for cable routing, replaced the front bezel with an open mesh one(from an otherwise junked case from a friend). Use some zip ties to get the loose cables wrapped up and get everything tucked behind the mobo tray. I've seen worse cabling by far.

Back