• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another new rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

]-[itman

If you've been in the video and sound card section of the forum or in the AMD CPU section you've probably seen me ranting about my new rig. Well it's up and now i have 2 rigs folding. I just built the AMD rig in my machine and i have to say it has crazy speed. It folds, no joke, more than twice as fast as my Intel box. The Intel's at 1.5 ghz and the AthlonXP is at 1.61 and it runs laps around the 1.5 intel. Even at default speed the Athlon does laps around it. If anyone is debating wether to go Intel or AMD don't. There's no need to debate! AMD kills Intel especially when it comes to folding :D. Also they let me put Folding on one of the rigs at my college. It's a P3 600mhz i believe but they said if it doesn't crash the system they'll let me put it on more machinges lol. I am definitely proud of this machine and i'm not done oc'ing it yet either ;)

That's really great ]-[itman. I hope they let you install the clien on more computers. Maybe you could be Stanman2! LOL :)

Back