• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That's it then..g@h it is!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDownz23

Registered
Just "succesfully" sent in 8-10 WU's of project 302 4 hours ago..I had never seen this "1 OS" protein before but it took nearly as long as villin's and GNRA's...You'd think I would get at least 1 point per WU...Nah! Only 2 points show up.I might as well loop 3dmark2001 all day and waste electricity on that. I'm converting to g@h completely@home when I'm done with this message. I ran 1 g@h client on each machine to try it out and haven't had a problem in 4-5 upload attempts. I'll convert back to f@h completely if broadband suddenly becomes available (NO DISH!).

I noticed Muddocktor complained on yahoo's folding support area..Thanks for trying!

Later.

okay, I've tried this..When I get home and the clients are done I have ALWAYS exited before starting up AOL.I've killed,restarted and done every farging combo known to man with these clients..I don't run linux. I run win2k so I have no dialup script...here's the excerpt..

"BABYSITTING: You can probably imagine most of this. First, in order
to get around the INCONVENIENCE, I usually look at the console client
before I run my dialout script. If it is waiting for input, I kill
it, dial out, and then restart the client. If it's folding but there
are results pending, sometimes I check to see when the next frame will
complete and wait until then to kill it and restart it so I won't lose
too much time. But if it's on or about to start the last frame, I have
to be careful, because restarting it then makes it start over from the
beginning of the work unit. Usually then I will wait until it is just
about to finish, then go on line so I will just be connected when it
finishes."

Also this is beyond a pain in the @SS to do so I say no way..

"Second, I generally delete the results files by hand every once in a
while, so I don't accumulate two or three megabytes of useless stuff
to clog my modem with. But to do it right, I need to check the stats
to be sure they actually uploaded, and matching them up is kind of hard,
especially since there are all of these mysterious projects in the 400's
where the web page doesn't list the "Protein:" name."

Thanks for your efforts but to really help me and the other modem users please simply complain to Stanford over and over. Don't forget I'm STILL doing f@h at work.

Thanks

Back