• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Troubleshooting build stability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rage557

Hello all,

First time to this site. I thought you guys might be able to help.

I have had this build for about 2 years now and its stability has been shotty from the start. I would get periods of stability where I could run prime95, fold, and do whatever with no problems while being OCed to 3.6ghz. Then without warning, on the same settings, after weeks with no problems it would crash and be completely unstable again. I would then have to mess around with the bios and after a while I would find myself back at the same settings I was originally at and the computer would be stable again. Now I can not seem to find any stable clock speed. Even stock is unstable. The computer runs ok for non intense applications like web, word, videos, but if I try to download anything and do not throttle the dl speed, it will crash. And forget about folding.

So far I have replace the ram but that did not help. I am wondering if I have an issue with another one of the components. Recommendations?

Back