• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back up from Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 Home Premium Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate RC and Purchased Windows 7 Home Premium on New Egg Pre-order.

I have been putting off installing Home Premium until the verdict is out on many things.

I see I can do a custom install which will do a clean Windows 7 HP install.

The question I have is, can I do a full system back up from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 HP? If so, what are all the steps, is there a guide?

As far as I have read the only way to upgrade from Ultimate RC is to Windows 7 Ultimate Final Release. My system is all in order and running nice, I do not want to spend another 2 days installing all my software and then spend countless weeks tweaking.

You could use Windows Easy Transfer but you'll still need to reinstall all of your apps unless you can do a direct upgrade, which you can't since you are installing Home Premium.

Back