• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free video editing for Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

What would be a good free video editing application for Windows? Should be something fairly easy to use as it would be for a "not so computer literate" woman... I noticed Microsoft has something for free, but wondering if there are alternatives.

Does it matter if their male of female?

The bog standard windows movie maker is good enough for basic video editing. Next step up from there is sony vegas or something similar as far as I know.

Movie Maker rocks. Drag and Drop and your done!

But something like Sony Vegas is good as well. It's not that hard to use either.

my sister has a few video's of her daughter at a Christmas program bu the video somehow when viewed i as if he video camera was on its side .. is there a simple way to rotate the video ?

Just thought of something, does the movie maker support exporting to anything else then WMA format?

What do you mean by editing? Adding titles, chapters and such like for a home video or stripping out unwanted content like foreign audio tracks, subtitles etc....

What do you mean by editing? Adding titles, chapters and such like for a home video or stripping out unwanted content like foreign audio tracks, subtitles etc....

I would imagine they just have video clips and want to put them together, maybe adding music on the background and some title. For now I'm recommending movie maker. Thanks for the responses. :)

Back