• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E5300 @ 3.6Ghz = ? in performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He wants to know how his OC 5300 compares to a more expensive stock 7XXX/8XXX series cpu.

It's hard to say given all of the possible variables, but, I would suggest running some common CPU intensive benchmarks such as the Dhrystone/Whetstone tests from SiSoftware Sandra, Kribi Bench and others. Running 3D mark vantage and some cpu intensive gaming benchmarks will also help you out in finding your OC'ed cpus place.

There isnt really an answer for this....but its sure as hell not equal to a quad core. Dont worry about it. :)

You're closest comparison would be a slightly overclocked E6400.

You're never going to have the cache benefits of the upper E6XXX series, the E7XXX or the E8XXX series chips.

An E5300 @ 3.6 probably equates and E8400 to an E8500 stock processor and in some apps that don't rely on cache but do on clock speed, like some encoding apps, it will be faster than a stock E8600.

An E5300 @ 3.6 probably equates and E8400 to an E8500 stock processor and in some apps that don't rely on cache but do on clock speed, like some encoding apps, it will be faster than a stock E8600.

Form what i understand, cache isn't important in games so my 3.6Ghz E5300 should surpass an E8600 right?

Cache as it's importance in games, you probably have a 5 to 7% penalty going from 6mB l2 cache to 2mB.

At 3.5ghz, your E5300 can play any game. If there is something you want to upgrade for games, you are better to go for the video card than anything else.

Back