• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Imagine folding on this beast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We should take note, that in todays folding computer the best setup is multi-gpu, not a bank of i7's. Pretty much the article sums up that it takes less power, and less cost than traditional super computers and therefore is the way to go.

Man those guys are geeky. :)

Those guys need to get into water cooling....seriously.

I like the adapter ribbons used to offset the GPUs. I'd love to see this in purchasable case design. Just make the case deeper so we don't have to lose slots to the dual slot GPUs.

I'll bet Torin is the first one to gey that Mobo when it goes on sale on Newegg!:D:chair:

What is "gey that Mobo"

:D

:chair:

Actually, I was planning on getting the EVGA Classified with 7 PCI-E slots when I get a chance (probably Feb).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188059

The ASUS with 7 is already out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131390

Oh, and I already have this site bookmarked for the flexible PCI-E extenders:
http://www.adexelec.com/pciexp.htm#PEXP8-RX1A

Sneakysnowman is sure to grab one of those 7-slot mobos as well, he's been having problems with too few PCI-E slots, and he says he has reached the limit of rigs he can run without blowing a fuse lol.

I wanna play Poker with you Torin I can read you like a book !!!:D:D:D

That's my parts budget for the whole year...what are you trying to do.... break 100k per day?:shock::thup:

(Quick runs to look to see if T is there yet)

Last edited:
Lol... maybe we should get his title changed to...

"Seeing how many GPUs I can cram in one box" Member...

...or if you'd humor me/us torin, you could use that quote as your Location. :D

I showed this to SneakySnowman and he figured this could help his setup out a lot. He would need the BIOS and the PCIe extender ribbons. A little case modding later and you have this setup.

I wanna play Poker with you Torin I can read you like a book !!!:D:D:D

Some things I hide...some I don't. :D

That's my parts budget for the whole year...what are you trying to do.... break 100k per day?:shock::thup:

(Quick runs to look to see if T is there yet)

Well, at the 3pm CST update I had 108K point in the last 24 hours...but that was due to a 6pm points pileup the previous day

Lol... maybe we should get his title changed to...

"Seeing how many GPUs I can cram in one box" Member...

...or if you'd humor me/us torin, you could use that quote as your Location. :D

Sure...not a problem.

My points are going to drop a bit soon though...I've started an RMA on one of my GTX 295s. Hopefully it will be replaced quickly.

But I'm only going to shoot for 4 GTX 295s in my main box this year. Along with 3 in my media server. That should net me with work computer about 168K ppd over 3 boxes.

Back