• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 1600Mhz vs DX58SO Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chafer

Hello,

I'm using 8GB memory in my pc, motherboard intel DX58SO, processor i7 920. My memory is OCZ Gold DDR3 1600MHz.

My question is as follows:
Everest shows: Memory Bus: 533.3 Triple Channel 1066 SDRAM (6-6-6-16 CR2), real clock: 533MHz clock and 1067MHz effective.

The CPU Z show : Dram frequency 533.4MHz.

I know there is a compatibility problem between the processor and voltage of memories. I wonder if the information resources is correct and what better way to configure the memory for the best performance possible. All my computer is stock values, no overclocking.
I saw that some users of the forum has the same model of motherboard and use the same memories. I wonder how configured for optimum performance.
I found the data very different, are really low?

Thanks!

With the Host Clock Frequency set at the default of 133 MHz, change the Memory Speed from AUTO or 1067 MHz (Memory Multiplier of 8) to 1600 MHz (Memory Multiplier of 12).

Last edited:
Where i do that?
In the Intel Desktop control I have:

tCL: 6
tRCD: 6
tRP: 6
tRAS:16
tWR:8
tWR:48
tRFC:4
tRRD:4
tWTR:4
Uncore Multiplier: 16
DDR Multiplier: 8
Voltage: 1,54
Command Rate: 2

Under the Performance--> Memory Configuration screen in the BIOS. Once you increase the DRAM multiplier to 12, you may also need to increase the Uncore multplier from the default of 16 to 24 or 25 (depending on whether the BIOS automatically configures it for you or not.)

But I just change the multiplier and the uncore? The memories are to 1.54 V, I switch to much?
What would be the best setup of memories to use in this motherboard?

I don't understand your question, but your RAM is rated for 8-8-8-24 at 1.65 or 1.70, depending on whether it's the low voltage kit or not. So in addition to setting the DRAM multiplier and timings, manually adjust the DRAM voltage to 1.65 or 1.70V.

My ram is rated at: 6-6-6-16(auto adjusted by the motherboard) with 1.54V(manually adjusted).
This setting is limiting the frequency of memories. I want to know: what the limit and what I have to change do get the maximum possible?

SPD timings and voltage for your RAM are 6-6-6-16 / 1.54V at 1066MHz, and 8-8-8-24 / 1.65 or 1.70V at 1600MHz. And I already told you what settings you need to change.

Err... that is my bios screen, can you tell me what number at each parameter? I simply do not know some abbreviatures that you have used...

we have a problem:
I tried to put this setting and reboot my pc: now I have no video sign, the cpu do not boot and I cannot start the pc...
I am speaking throught my laptop... suggestions?

If the PC doesn't POST, then reset CMOS. Then manually adjust the four primary timings to 8-8-8-24 (tCL, tRCD, tRP, and tRAS); all sub-timings on AUTO except for Command Rate at 2T, DRAM frequency to 1600MHz, DRAM voltage to 1.65 - 1.70V, DRAM multiplier to 12, Uncore (UCLCK) multiplier to 25, and QPI/Processor Uncore voltage to 1.35V.

Hey redduc900,

Normally binds the hds, the coolers and the video card, but does not send signal to the monitor, the keyboard does not light (Logitech G15) and wireless mouse does not work.

I've done: I changed out the monitor cable, as I dismounted and mounted memories, as I clear CMOS, already took and put back the video card, I tried to use the HDMI exit of the video card and take off the jumper to restore BIOS. Still without success. The PC also stopped working the reset button, just off the finger himself, holding the ON button. Guarantee: no problem with the monitor (which is new), no problem of physical memory, has no problem with the video card.

I cannot enter in the BIOS, the keyboard does not turn on...

Back