• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storm Scout with H50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bruceb3

Registered
Well, I did it. Picked up an i7-920 on a P6T. I'm putting it all in a CM Storm Scout case. I wanted simple, so I'm putting in a Corsair H50. Everything I've read says to get best results with the H50, to have it blowing into the case. That's not a problem since the Scout has a big 140 exhaust fan on top plus the 700W OCZ Mod Xstream-Pro psu exhausts with a 140 fan. My problem is that the 120 fan on the back of the case where the H50 fan will go is wired into a "harness and routed along the top of the case. Should I just cut the wires so I can remove the existing fan and maybe just dip the ends of the wires in liquid electrical tape? I know, stupid question...

Well, I did it. Picked up an i7-920 on a P6T. I'm putting it all in a CM Storm Scout case. I wanted simple, so I'm putting in a Corsair H50. Everything I've read says to get best results with the H50, to have it blowing into the case. That's not a problem since the Scout has a big 140 exhaust fan on top plus the 700W OCZ Mod Xstream-Pro psu exhausts with a 140 fan. My problem is that the 120 fan on the back of the case where the H50 fan will go is wired into a "harness and routed along the top of the case. Should I just cut the wires so I can remove the existing fan and maybe just dip the ends of the wires in liquid electrical tape? I know, stupid question...

Those wires are power for the fan and LED lighting. You can pull the wiring out without cutting anything.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 5,731
Back