• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Gigabyte P55A Series Motherboards – SuperSpeed USB at the Limit!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
Gigabyte P55A Series Motherboards – SuperSpeed USB at the Limit!
by MIAHALLEN

As you all should know by now, I have been on a mission to exploit the performance potential of Gigabyte’s P55 motherboards. I started by using the P55-UD3R to break four world records using Intel’s i5 750 quad core CPU. Please feel free to visit my full overclocking review of the P55-UD3R here. I found it to be very impressive for a sub-$150 mainstream motherboard. As you can imagine, when Gigabyte told me they were already working on an update to that formula with the new P55A-UD3R, I was very interested to see the result!

Two weeks ago, Gigabyte Japan delivered on that promise and sent me the new P55A-UD3R, and an added bonus, the P55A-UD6. At first glance I could tell the changes were more than updated marketing. The boards have a few new features that are very interesting indeed. The biggest of which would have to be the inclusion of a SATA 6 GB/s controller, and a USB 3.0 or “SuperSpeed USB” (also known as “SSUSB”) controller. Also readily apparent on the UD3R was an upgrade in the power delivery from 8 phases for the original, to 12 phases on the new version! I was very eager to see if the added phases of power circuitry would boost the overclocking potential, and I wasted no time finding out! Right off the bat, and with only 4 liters of liquid nitrogen to play with, I was quickly able to push my i5 750 CPU to new heights and break the elusive 100% OC barrier. That means I was able to double the default speed of 2660MHz…check it out!

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
sno.lcn

Back