• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I Get The Denab 945 Or Something Else

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

The Denab I want the 945 has dropped in price to a really good one £120 from my local shop, I currently know that the 9550 is bottleknecking my 9600GT. But in January I'll be buying a 5770 and selling the GT towards it like I'll be doing with my 9550, just wondering buy the 945 or something else.

Probably a low speed. More cores doesn't help graphics as much as raw speed does. But I think the 945, 955 and 965 are basically the same good chip. Hell I would even go for a 720 if you want to save more. They are all solid chips and will oc' pretty well (excluding the 965 because it is already up there to begin with.)

Since the 945 isn't a BE you'll need to OC using the clock. I'd run a quick check on whatever board you'll be using to make sure it can run at high speeds before deciding on a non-BE chip ...

Since the 945 isn't a BE you'll need to OC using the clock. I'd run a quick check on whatever board you'll be using to make sure it can run at high speeds before deciding on a non-BE chip ...

I'll be using the same board I have now it supports them CPU's the 945 runs at 3.0ghz and that should be fine when I get the 5770 G.Card.

As for why I think the 9550 bottleknecks I dont OC at the moment I aint playing any games on my PC also I am waiting on Mass Effect 2 and would like to be able to play it at a decent framerate on my 32" LG HDTV thus why I am upgrading the 2 things.

I would recommend the 550BE over the 945 Quad. Unless you need a Quad Core, the 550BE runs a bit cooler and should be able to scale to 3.8-4.0GHZ depending on your cooling. But if you need a Quad, the 945 is a very nice chip.

Back