• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero disk copy causes application to hang

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corruption

Just recently, when I try to burn a copy of a dvd disk that I have (trying to copy a home movie to send to relatives for x-mas) Nero stops responding. It finishes reading off of the first disk, spits it out and immediately sucks it back in before I can put a blank disk in the drive. It will allow me to then manually eject the disk and put blank media in the drive, but Nero hangs at "Waiting for Disc: Not Responding." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nero, both v7 and v9 Trial, but both do the same thing. I've manually deleted all Ahead Nero entries from the registry as well as trying Ahead's uninstall utility, but everything I do results in the same issue.

I've tried a system file check and am going through a virus/spyware scan as we speak, but no luck as of yet. When it finishes, I'm going to test my RAM and HD to rule that out. I'm leaving on Wednesday and want to fix this issue before I go. Other applications, such as Imgburn, can burn just fine so I know that the drive itself is functioning and the issue is Nero. I've flashed the burner's firmware with the latest version (LG GH22S30) in hopes that it would help.

I haven't installed any new applications or done any windows updates today so I'm at a complete loss. (It just happened today out of the blue btw after successfully burning 3 copies!)

Everything in my sig is current, and my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Any suggestions or insights are appreciated.

Back