• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just installed and setup folding, seems slow..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechJunky

I setup per the instructions for the console windows install... It is only using 25% of my quad core. Shouldn't it be using 100% on all cores?

Any help would be appreciated. It has been running for about 5 minutes and hasnt incremented at all. Also, its only using 1GB of ram.

Did you make sure to use the -smp flag? I set it up in the target field by right clicking on the shortcut, click properties, and manually editing it in. I have had it not work correctly work by putting it into the extra parameters field during the initial configuration, so I make it a point to just add it into the target field of the shortcut.

I setup per the instructions for the console windows install... It is only using 25% of my quad core. Shouldn't it be using 100% on all cores?

Any help would be appreciated. It has been running for about 5 minutes and hasnt incremented at all. Also, its only using 1GB of ram.

You're running the single core "classic" client. Follow deadly's directions and you'll be dead er, folding much better! :santa2:

I get an error mpiexec is not recognized as an internal or external command with the -smp switch.

I didn't see anything about the smp client in the read me's.

I am going to read over it again.

Ok, figured it out and its working... But now Windows7 crashes when all 4 proc's hit 100%. I am going to try 80 and see what happens.

Alright TJ, fess up! What's your O/C on this? :p :p :p

Folding is like running a really good benchmark program, as you've seen.

Very true, Deadly. FAH will also crash unstable rigs that other benchmark program will not, quite quickly, at times.

Back