• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate ST1000340AS-RK !TB retail box 69.99 @Fry's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, it's an internal retail kit, basically means it comes with a fancy box and a SATA cable. It appears to be the 7200.11 series. I'm personally still leery of them after the firmware issues awhile back, but that's just me... they supposedly have all the bugs worked out now, and there are a lot of people running them without troubles.

They "suppossedly" have the bugs fixed... but if im not mistaken thidy bought some "fixed" ones and had the same problem happen to him... Id stay away from anything seagate untill they get better.... their prices might be good, but performance is very lacking, and reliability is meh.

I would avoid this as well. The price is ok but I've seen lower and as mentioned performance is lacking. They are also outdated as they where replaced by the 7200.12 which is also lacking in performance. Not to mention these where the most notorious of the 7200.11 for failing as they would brick completely with a firmware flash unlike the others of the series

the same deal was posted at [H] and several posters got 7200.12 . They may be 3 platter drives rather than 4

340 = 4
333 = 3

No way to know unless you read the number on the hard drive.

Back