• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The numbers don't lie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
Ok so yeah I just had to post this because its friggin sweet.

NixVsWin-1.png

Look at the red box around BKSMP and PXE SMP
BKSMP:
Amd 939 4200
1Gb Mushkin DDR
Win XP Pro x64
Also running ATI 4350

PXESMP:
Amd 939 3800
512 M Geil DDR
Native Ubuntu 9.04 studio
Also running GTS250

Thats some rather sweet frame times VS the difference in CPU speed and Ram.

Nice double post there 1ft. Yeah its a windsor. Been thinking about playing around with the clocks a bit I know I can do a lot more than 3.3 on air and still keep almost a 1100Mhz HT. The temps are amazing 34ºC full load and only had to bunp the Vcore one notch to 1.43 Just haven't felt like having folding the folding rig down for testing.

Yeah it's crazy how the lower speed proc gets more PPD than the other just because of the OS. And it is always 100 or so more no matter what WU is on them. I nees to get Linus going again.

As ChasR said, A1 vs. A2 WUs... apples to oranges.

I think that really looks about right for PPD Ambient. Are those OC'd at all?

I used to run my highest clocked 939 Opteron DC at 2.9GHz (still have it, still runs at that speed - interested?) and it would do ~900ppd on A1 (1920pt) WUs if I remember correctly. So for a stock (I assume) 4200+ that looks about right.

As ChasR said, A1 vs. A2 WUs... apples to oranges.

I think that really looks about right for PPD Ambient. Are those OC'd at all?

I used to run my highest clocked 939 Opteron DC at 2.9GHz (still have it, still runs at that speed - interested?) and it would do ~900ppd on A1 (1920pt) WUs if I remember correctly. So for a stock (I assume) 4200+ that looks about right.

At best they are clocked 10mhz over stock. Working on the cooling before I get too into it. As far as the Opti goes sounds great however I'm not sure the Asus A8VE-SE will handle it. And as far as the apples to oranges...Its still a faster frametime. Quit trying to bust my bubble guys.
:salute:

I used to run my highest clocked 939 Opteron DC at 2.9GHz (still have it, still runs at that speed - interested?) and it would do ~900ppd on A1 (1920pt) WUs if I remember correctly.
If it needs a home, I might be interested. I'll be upgrading soon, but will keep my 939 rig running as a server. My current Opty 165 will only hit 2.5GHz, so that would give me an extra 400MHz, which would be nice.

If it needs a home, I might be interested. I'll be upgrading soon, but will keep my 939 rig running as a server. My current Opty 165 will only hit 2.5GHz, so that would give me an extra 400MHz, which would be nice.

YGPM

well, whoever gets said opty, I have a 939 emachines that I wanna turn into a file server/folder, downside is its a single-core, and well... an emachines (was my wifes before we got married) which should be able to handle an X2.... so if anyone wants to get rid of said old 939X2, I may have a home for it :D

You know whatever its all good honestly it would be nice to have but more importantly I need more than anything else is Dual Channel PC3200. Maybe if cash will work out I can get some after the first of the year. Can you believe they are asking $75 for 2GB of Mushkin DC blackline. Ram is back in the high price range again. I really wish the would quit systematically suing the ram companies. Same set was 1/2 this price a few months back.

I have 1 gig of kingston KVR400/512R (2 sticks) if you happen to have a 939X2 laying around... :D

also have 2*256 ddr 400 sticks (no-name)
Nope sure don't have an extra 939 laying around at all. I'm going to get 2GB and nothing less this rig will be folding along with running a PXE server so its going to need the ram.

Yeah I bought a 2 gig stick of pc3200 for about $50 last year.

Yeah I know its a shame man. Better get it soon I see DDR going by the way side rather soon.

Back