• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storage ideas, need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechJunky

Ok,

So I have 2 32gb ultra 320 scsi drives but the controllers are upwards of $500 bucks. Any ideas what to do with these?

I also have 10 identical 160GB ide 7200 rpm hard disks. I was thinking of some crazy raid setup for fun but cheap.

Let me know what you think I should do!

It's friday and im bored.

No ideas?

Should I hook them up to my gaming rig to increase performance with the ultra320's or should I just create a new box using these drives? I could get 500GB total out of the ide's if I could get all 10 hookup up. ROFL.

Again, any ideas would be cool. I am looking for a fun project.

Well I would totaly forget I had the SCSI drives.

Yeah do a RAID 10, 5, or try RAID 6 . Tweaking a RAID array can be interesting for a while.

I have a couple entire PC's to put together myself. All top of the line parts in thier day but totaly worthless on Ebay now. I don't know what I'd do with these when therye built ..maybe end up being a way to simply store them.

Could the AMD Athlon 64 2.2Ghz (San Diego I think) handle any HD digitized movies or will it choak?

Hmm, yeah I have alot of unused old parts as well. Don't know what to do with them.

Back