• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mem working properly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

good

Registered

Attachments

• mem.jpg
    mem.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 233
Running at a 3:10 FSB : DRAM ratio w/ a default HT Link freq. of 200MHz, the resulting DRAM freq. is 1333MHz. CPU-Z shows 1/2 of the actual DRAM freq. in the DRAM Frequency field, in your case 669 x 2 = 1338MHz (there's normally a slight variance between the actual BIOS setting, and what is read in CPU-Z or other monitoring software.) And for a dual-channel configuration, the RAM needs to be inserted into either the blue slots or the black slots.

sorry, i gave the wrong link to the RAM i actually am using .. this is what im actually running - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303
so.. 1333mhz? this ram is supposed to run at 1600 i thought? could it have something to do with the timings on it not being compatible with my mobo? also does that x2 mean that since cpuz says im only using single channel im really using dual channel and its just not reading it?

For DDR3-1600MHz RAM to run at spec. at a HT Link of 200MHz, you'll need to change the FSB : DRAM ratio to 1:4 for an effective 1600MHz DRAM frequency. Like I mentioned, you need to install the RAM modules in either both blue slots or both black slots for a dual-channel config. The NB Frequency field in CPU-Z showing either single-channel or dual-channel has nothing to do w/ the DRAM frequency or timings.

sorry, missed what you wrote about both being in same colored sockets. when I change the DRAM ratio to 1:4 will i need to adjust voltage? also thanks for the help :)

Manually adjust the DRAM voltage or DRAM OverVoltage to equal 1.6V, and adjust the four primary RAM timings to CL7-8-7-24-2T (leave all sub-timings on AUTO.)

Back