• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone get the Avatar game yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I just picked it up at http://www.gogamer.com/ for $44 shipped USPS Priority. I like the in game trailers and the movie trailer too. I hope I'm not just a pitiful hollywood sucker...LOL!

You are.... but that shouldn't stop us from playing a good game!:chair::D
Didn't look like my kinda a movie...but the director is A+.

Give us a review when you can.

Did they really spend 500mill on the Movie?...Yikes.

Fallout 3 for $35 on that site...very tempting.

Seconded.

Sorry.

I'll be souper tikked if the game is not at least mediocre. Man, I get tired of gambeling (it's what is seems) on a $40-$50 game. Almost no developers create demo releases anymore. I mean how the heck are we supposed to know we will like it? From a game review? Pffft! Thru someone elses opinion? What?

I know what that is like. Have you ever read an online review of a movie that you wanted to see? And the review claimed it sucked and then later you went to see it and thought it was good? :rolleyes:

I'll be souper tikked if the game is not at least mediocre. Man, I get tired of gambeling (it's what is seems) on a $40-$50 game. Almost no developers create demo releases anymore. I mean how the heck are we supposed to know we will like it? From a game review? Pffft! Thru someone elses opinion? What?

I know what that is like. Have you ever read an online review of a movie that you wanted to see? And the review claimed it sucked and then later you went to see it and thought it was good? :rolleyes:

Equilibrium, prime example for me.

It's a fact that like 90% of games made from movies....or movies made from games....are horrible.

I want more demos too. It sucks.

I saw the movie Friday, loved it. But move based games that launch alongside the movie for more revenue? You should know better unless you're an uber fanboy for the movie. :)

WElp. Ahem! It had such promise yet delivered almost nothing.

IMHO on this game (UBIsoft makers of Halo) it lacks pretty hard. Each time want to proceed in any direction the 3rd person character hunches down and appears to sprint everywhere. Even in short distances. Nope, not set to run. The camera angels suck..it's a port, sometimes they are not and we get lucky or its not such a terrible one. :>s The worst problem is the craptacular (don't even know what to call it) floral rendering. I have messed around in the "graphics" options for awhile and nothing changes the square ferns and square tree branches.

In the words of Gandalfh the Grey, "Run, Run you fools!"

Pity, because a game set in the Avatar world would be a very very nice looking game. I knew they rushed the game (or just didn't have a budget) from the previews.

The game is currently $19 for the PS3 at Futureshop(Canada). That price makes me raise my eyebrow. I have the demo here on my pc and I gotta say...from the short time I played it, it was fun and looked nice. It might be an ok "budget game" but i would not pay full price for it.

Gonna see the movie Thursday, if I like it, then I might consider the game. I read the game has its own plot , separate from the movie.

Gonna see the movie Thursday, if I like it, then I might consider the game. I read the game has its own plot , separate from the movie.

I saw the movie last week and I have to say..it is the best movie I have seen in about the last year or so. Seriously....LOVED it!

As far as the game, I started messing around with it again today after the new posts in this thread motivated me. I de-selected every "Ultra High" down to "High" and the square ferns and trees went away. I attempted 2 screenshots by pressing "print screen" and then hit "paste" in paint but all I got both times was a small cover print of the game. Kinda weird, never had that happen before.

Hmmm...welp, looks like this will be the last game I post about here. Should have known better.

no no .. i wasnt laughing at you .. just the fact that you changes the settings and tree's and bushes disappeared .. thats pretty dramatic step.. especially for the card you got ..

i think the others are just poking fun .. all in good heart .. i always check out what you have to say ... so you better keep the threads coming ... so what you rolled the dice and hit snake eye's .. pick em up and sling em again !! :salute:

IMHO on this game (UBIsoft makers of Halo) it lacks pretty hard.

Bungie made Halo not Ubisoft. They did the Tom Clancy Games, FarCry, Prince of Persia, Myst and others.

I liked the movie as well and have been looking at the game guess its not worth my time. Time to delete the demo.

Hmmm...welp, looks like this will be the last game I post about here. Should have known better.

Okay, I'm gonna just go ahead and say it:

What do you mean by should have known better? Are you saying you have little faith in a forum you help moderate, so little that you're afraid to participate in discussion because you despise the responses of members? I mean, it was clearly a misunderstanding, but your response has me a bit concerned. Why even moderate if you have little faith in and interest in interacting with a community?

Maybe this is coming out rude, but quite frankly I'm offended.

Also not all of us are rude, and clearly xtreme barton was laughing about the issues in the game, not at you buying it... or anything else like that.

Last edited:
Back