• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 32MB ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HammerHeadHank

Registered
Hi i am thinking of buying one of these harddrives but need some advice on it.

Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 32MB
Price seems very reasonable now.
Any comments or advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks HammerHeadHank

i have had the f1 2 and f3 drives from samsung and they are very reliable! - excellent reviews all overthe net- only competitor i think is/was the WD Black range

i have had the f1 2 and f3 drives from samsung and they are very reliable! - excellent reviews all overthe net- only competitor i think is/was the WD Black range

Hi thanks for the reply. But I did a google on this particular model but had no luck on the review!! I'll look again. HammerHeadHank

i think i had 2 harddrive failures in the 10 gb days (fujitsu and then iuno maybe the rma went bad too). my samsung spinpoint 10gb wasn't one of them. wish they would kick wd and seagate's asses already. (i use it in my ps2 now)

what is this about the wd black line? are they better than the blue models? cuz I saw bad reviews for the WD blue ide on newegg.

for me western digital has been 2 good 1 fail. I think its the caviar line.

btw i'm reading this atm
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/storage/2009/10/06/samsung-spinpoint-f3-1tb-review/1

i only have one comment, in the review analysis they said it took them 54 seconds to boot vista, funny it takes me 7 to get to a usable state, and I use some crappy hitachi laptop drive.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/storage/2009/10/06/samsung-spinpoint-f3-1tb-review/10

Last edited:
the F3 line has 500gb platters guaranteed and therefore has great transfer rates, even better then the wd blacks. However the blacks beat the f3 when it comes to seek time by around 1ms.

Basically the F3 and WD Blacks are the best consumer magnetic hard drives available below 10K RPM. The blacks make slighly better OS drives and the samsungs make slightly better large file drives but both are on about the same level and are a step up from anything from seagate and hitatchi.

Personally I think if you have a solid state drive the F3 is the best drive you can couple with it for more much needed space, besides a vraptor of course. Where as the WD black lineup is the best drive to grab if you are going to have only one drive in your computer and cant afford or find a SSD/vraptor impractical for your needs.

Last edited:
Back