• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linux netbook suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Just looking for some suggestions for a new linux netbook. I might go with a regular notebook maybe a 13.3 or something but i'm looking to keep it small i used to have a 15.4 and it was just way to big for me.

Kinda looking to go cheap also the netbooks seem to be cheap. Even if it's a book i have to install linux on to just want to make sure i get something thats works well with it.

I've been kinda eye balling the nvidia ion netbooks.

Just looking for some suggestions tho around 500ish dollars less or little more maybe.

I like the samsung netbook products at the moment, they have a really nice feel build quality imho

The dell products are also a consideration as they have ubuntu/moblin installed by default as such the hardware is ensured to work with Linux well

Thx for the suggestion i found a asus 12.1 inch netbook/notebook dual core atom with nvidia ion for 500. Their sold out right now but after the new year and stuff i'll have my money and pick it up i guess it works great on ubuntu 9.10 and the wireless works just have to use a driver for another verison of the wireless card i guess.

So looks good and has tons of power in a small package.

Back