• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to clone a drive, then restore image..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Not just a simple drive clone....
I have a RAID 0 array on my laptop, I essentialy want to do a manual TRIM. I want to be able to backup the image on an external USB drive, then boot to...something....and format the RAID 0 array, and reinstall the image.

I have driveimage XML which can copy the image, but noway to reinstall it. If this were a single disk it wouldn't be an issue as I could just use someone else's computer to do the formating and imagine....

Any thoughts?

Acronis backs up R0 arrays I think.

And when you say TRIM, I assume your laptop has two SSD's?

I saw acronis, is there any free solutions? I see I can get it for 22 bucks which isn't bad, but can't beet free!

And yes I'm running 2x80gb Intel G2's

I do not know of anything free that works well off thetop of my head. I would search at the site b/c I recall several threads similar to this that hte programs would work just fine for your needs.

Those dont have TRIM or GC FW on them? Why not just flash them? Save you the trouble?

Look into Clonezilla. I don't know if it works with RAID, but it's worth a try.

unfortunatley TRIM can't be passed to a RAID array...and even with the GC firmware it still needs a TRIm every now and then from what I undersand.

Back