• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote support solutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

Log Me In rescue is $129 /month and I'm hoping to find something comparable for less. I need to be able to support internet users, and like the option of pushing the client to all machines (through group policy/scripting) and have them launch one icon to get connected to the queue. LogmeIn does this well, as I have personal experience using the rescue product, but it seems expensive for what we will be using it for (maybe 10 times a month). We have VNC but it only works with internal IPs, so remote users must connect via VPN for us to see them. In a few cases we're trying to resolve VPN or authentication issues. This makes VNC pretty useless in those situations.

Last edited:
have you already tried using hamachi for vpn it's appears/has been pretty stable to me, or is it that you you trying to cut out using a vpn completely?

Check out showmypc.com. It's free, it just requires that you both download the client. The remote user will choose to "show" their pc, then give you the password it generates. The user will of course need the rights to run it.

Check out showmypc.com. It's free, it just requires that you both download the client. The remote user will choose to "show" their pc, then give you the password it generates. The user will of course need the rights to run it.

Will do. Unfortunately everyone has local amdin rights here. For better or worse. Mostly worse. :temper:

have you already tried using hamachi for vpn it's appears/has been pretty stable to me, or is it that you you trying to cut out using a vpn completely?

The VPN isn't the problem. It's supporting remote users who may be having VPN issues at that particular moment, whether it be account issues or firewall restrictions at their location. I'm looking for remote control/support options. I probably need to remove "access" from the thread title, it's misleading.

I think you might be interested in Ultra VNC Single Click . While it won't do the que thing, It seems like that could be added on, with a script or something. This also works outside the network because the single click server connects to the remote client outbound.

I think you might be interested in Ultra VNC Single Click . While it won't do the que thing, It seems like that could be added on, with a script or something. This also works outside the network because the single click server connects to the remote client outbound.

I'm familiar with uvnc and it works well. I'll need to talk with the network admin if this is realistic since the client direct-connects to a computer IP address:port, which may not necessarily be the computer we want them to connect to. Last I checked (about a year ago) there were no queueing options, but we could configure multiple client files with different destination ports and tell them which one to run.

Thanks for the suggestion :).

Netsupport
Axedia
GoToAssist

Those all require a thin client app installed on the client, use SSL to authenticate and require a small footprint with also allowing reporting options for practically everything done. IE: Application installs are logged, user logins, downtime, uptime, you name it.

From there just MSTSC into any other LAN workstations/servers.

We use GoToAssist at my company. It appears to be about $70 a month for the express edition, so it's still a bit pricey, but not as bad as $129.

Go2Assist has been mentioned and I've used it, but it's not in the ballpark in pricing I'm looking for. We can't terminal serve into machines off the network, which is why I'm looking for a web based or web queueing capable solution. So far I think the suggestions I'd go with would be to configure uvnc to forward to a couple PCs here in the office, or showmypc because of the $14 /month pricing (comparable service it appears to logmein or go2assist).

I have had alot of success using VNC Free edition in the past but was pointed towards "Mikogo" which is free and easy to use as we use it to shre desktops between our Santa Clara, CA office and India.

When I used the VNC software it was part of a bundled group of software loaded on our Kaseya server, but I could literally take control anywhere when permitted, just was real laggy on slower connections on the client end.

Holy thread resurrection! Since this post (not even with the same company now) we've been using logmein rescue and it's been very solid. Despite the steep $100+ /month rate per technician seat it's a solid performer. We even have our website setup so people can connect directly to the queue when we bring them there, with email alerts if someone goes into queue without contacting us first.

Teamviewer rocks. Bought the corporate edition for work, so its all done and paid for. Can use for remote support AND meetings. I see all my computers listed and a double click lets me in. We use to use LogMeIn Central, but it takes more time having to go through their site.

Free to home users. Can also just link a friend to the exe on their site, get their ID and PW....and you're in. Too simple.

Back