• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this safe, logical, or even possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
A lot more voltage than it took for 3.9... i only needed 1.36ish at that speed... now i'm up to almost 1.46, and i can't get the thing to break 4.1 at even 1.5, so i guess i'll just leave it here... temps aren't going up much at all though... is that right? The CPU and DK are both lapped, but that still seems a little unreal...

Capture-11.png
The one time it actually booted over 4.1.

Capture-13.png
And then what i have it running at now... and what the flip is up with my temps? I was getting 75 C after 1 minute before, now i'm getting barely 60??

A lot more voltage than it took for 3.9... i only needed 1.36ish at that speed... now i'm up to almost 1.46, and i can't get the thing to break 4.1 at even 1.5, so i guess i'll just leave it here... temps aren't going up much at all though... is that right? The CPU and DK are both lapped, but that still seems a little unreal...

The one time it actually booted over 4.1.

And then what i have it running at now... and what the flip is up with my temps? I was getting 75 C after 1 minute before, now i'm getting barely 60??

I always went by what the max voltage on the retail box said and went with that. But i suppose if you are passing primes, no severe temp increases, and that 3.9 to 4.1 jump is worth it to you, go for it :) I noticed on my e8400 I could stay at 1.36 and get 4.0 ghz, however to go to 4.2 ghz I had to go to 1.45v. dangerous.

Well, that jump is causing my PSU fan to sound like a jet taking off, so i think i'll stay at 4.0 lol

That's normally where i run it at.
For some reason i can't get it to run stable at 1.35 anymore though :(
I'm running it at the lowest voltage i can, and i'll probably run it like this until tomorrow night, and then try to pull the voltages back down :/ I swear, this is one of the pickiest Chips i've ever seen :(

Back