• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Tick Tock slows down: Sandy Bridge slips into 2011?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is what happens when AMD is rockin ****ty CPUs.
No pressure on intel to deliver anything faster.

They sit there on top of the hill with their 80% market domination, making CPUs for cheaper and selling them for more.

I know why it has been delayed...

They're running out of TeH NaNoMETerz!!1!

Seriously, do they even have a plan to get beyond 22nm at this point?

They did just get slapped with another lawsuit, research dollars are probably in short supply right now.
They take a hit before paychecks do.

Donno what world you're living in, but PhII cpus are slightly better clock fr clock then core2 cpus, and beat i7's in some gaming tests.

Donno what world you're living in, but PhII cpus are slightly better clock fr clock then core2 cpus, and beat i7's in some gaming tests.

if we are talking CPU bound resolutions yes. Do you know why the PII is faster then the i5/i7's? PII beating i5/i7's in some low res testing sure maybe even a few in the x-road between cpu/gpu bound resolutions. if it is GPU bound both would be the same. if you start talking multi gpu setups, the PII's cant hold a candle to the X58 based i7's. the P55 i5/i7 would be a different story since we are talking 8x/x8 CF/SLI on the boards. even then with the PCIE on die that should make a difference. as noted by Brolloks testing using 8x/8x doesnt hurt CF/SLI much(talking two card only). though it would be enough of a hit to show the PII's being faster using a 16x/16x CF/SLI config.

Last time i saw any PII reviews, PII are clock per clock the same as core 2. i havent seen one review putting the PII ahead in raw cpu power (forget gaming for the moment).

How is Sandy Bridge being release in January or February 2011 can be called a delay? Intel never said that it would be released in Nov or Dec. 2010. It's just customers and reviewers who assumed that it would be the release date. With the economy, the way it was in 2009, it could have been a request by motherboard makers, to give them a chance to get rid of some of their old tech.

On another note, Intel never said that I3 would be an lga775 modified to work on a p55 or 57 chipset. I3 is the same as I5 but will be lacking turboboost and hyperthreading.

On the high end Intel is rocking. Their Fab processes are exquisite.

The future though is a question. Is this a sign from Intel that they need to delay because of all the man hours gobbled up by all the law suits mounting on their shoulders? Not only legal troubles, but is Intel is preoccupied with the Larabee fiasco? AMD already has its APU design ready to go.

Back