• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Overclocking - Need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soulish

I've read the tutorials, and I think I got the gist of it, but can someone please read over what I think I'm supposed to do?

By the way, I'm a total noob at this stuff.

My goal is to just overclock it a little bit so I can run crysis (2.00 ghz cant really run crysis lol).

I'm currently using an asus g1, which has:
4gb ram
intel dual core t7300 processor
Windows Vista 32 bit

So what I THINK I'm supposed to do.

Go to Bios, under the advanced section I lower something called the "memstick index value" to the minimum.

Then I lower the hypertransport bus frequency to 400mhz or 600mhz (no idea which one it is.)

So now I start increasing the fbs little by little (lets say, 10mhz).
I dont want to actually have my computer to start showing the signs of overclocking, so how much should I increase it by?

Also, my pc tends to get rather hot... even with a cooling system. (I dont know how to check it though, can someone tell me how?)

Last question, what factor does voltage play in overclocking, and do I need to use it?

A graphics card.

You just CANT run crysis without a dedicated GPU. ( an onboard one and even less with a Laptop onboard GPU )

This integrated GPU can run crysis on LOW setings but not at 30+ fps.

Crysis isnt that good ... you may look into playing a less demanding game ...

RAM ?

This integrated GPU can run crysis on LOW setings but not at 30+ fps.

Crysis isnt that good ... you may look into playing a less demanding game ...

RAM ?

4gb

Also, Im pretty sure my card is dedicated, tell me if I am incorrect.

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7300 (4M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
4g of DDR2 memory ( guess DDR2 )
8600M GT video controller.

Laptop Screen res ?

If its a 1024x1068 screen i think you can Run this game. But as i told, LOW settings :(

I have no idea what your talking about by screen res.

I just went to display and looked at the highest my screen resolution could go (which was 1680 x 1050)

OK.

You cant really improve your Crysis performance. This game need a BIG gpu ( graphic card ) and a Decent clocked CPU ( processor ).

Your T7300 paired with the 8600M can run this game on LOW detail at 1680x1050. But dont expect high FPS ( frame per second ).

have fun !

OK.

You cant really improve your Crysis performance. This game need a BIG gpu ( graphic card ) and a Decent clocked CPU ( processor ).

Your T7300 paired with the 8600M can run this game on LOW detail at 1680x1050. But dont expect high FPS ( frame per second ).

have fun !

Which is why I'm trying to overclock my computer to run crysis a bit more smoothly.

You are on a laptop the amount of overclocking You will get awont matter @ all to that game.

Desktops are better suited to gamming and overclocking . Heat is not your friend and in a laptop there is not room for cooling upgrades.

You can check out ClockGen for windows baised CPU overcloking and Rivia tuner for your GFX card . ( @ your own risk )

Also you could check out a Pad Mod
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5804035&postcount=17

You could also lower your Screen Rez from 1680x1050 to 1280x1024 that will help your FPS a bit

You are on a laptop the amount of overclocking You will get awont matter @ all to that game.

Desktops are better suited to gamming and overclocking . Heat is not your friend and in a laptop there is not room for cooling upgrades.

You can check out ClockGen for windows baised CPU overcloking and Rivia tuner for your GFX card . ( @ your own risk )

Also you could check out a Pad Mod
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5804035&postcount=17

You could also lower your Screen Rez from 1680x1050 to 1280x1024 that will help your FPS a bit

I have a sorta cooling system, its just something that goes beneath my laptop and draws air out.

Back