• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clockgen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razvy100

Hellow! I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1640 with a Sempron 3000+ proc. and I oc the proc at 1700 mghz to 2000 mghz and the laptop shut down :cry: . When I start again the laptop the cpu clock was the same 1700 ...but the chipset it wasn't the same now it is ICS 94228 and in PLL control at cpu it apeard 1.#J . Please someone help ! :(

There should be an option that will allow you to reset it back to their defaults.

My suggestion: DO NOT USE ANYTHING TO OVERCLOCK YOUR LAPTOP!

Laptops are not meant to be overclocked. If you want to overclock, build yourself and desktop pc.

Overclocking has it's risks. Hopefully you did'nt damage anything and your laptop should revert back to it's default speed.

Happy Holidays :santa2:

did you do gradual overclocks or just one jump ? what were your temps at stock ?

you should b able to boot into safe mode and remove clockgen and reboot and reset your bios ..

Me thinks that Sempron 3000+ is locked plus he pushed it without actually researching what clockgen is capable of doing and adverse effects.

I'm sure the lappy reached critical and shut itself off to prevent damage.

I doubt he can reset the bios other than taking the lappy apart to get to the cmos battery.

Usually right under the keyboard isnt it ? about 4-6 screws

That's where it's supposed to be. Manufacturers have been relocating them where it's not easily accessible :rolleyes:

Every lappy I've worked on I had to take the sucker completely apart to get to it. Ranging from Acer to Sony.

oke then maybe i'll try to reset my bios :)...and my temps are are 40 C :)

Back