• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF 932 w/H-50 Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onefstsnake

Well I decided on the Cooler Master HAF 932 for my new i7 build.
Its a very inexpensive case for the amount of space and cooling.

First off I decided to paint the inside of the case black. I cant stand the grey insides of computers. Especially ones with windows.

DSC_0010.jpg

Next I tried to find a good place for the H-50. Most seem to mount theirs in the rear exhaust fan area. Wanting something a bit different I decided to mount mine on the top of the case. Still need to pick up some more screws for the push/pull fans. 6-32 x 1 1/4" FYI

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Almost all the fans in the case will be XIGMATEK XLF-F1253 120mm fans.
I just love the orange and white glow from them. Quiet too @ <20 dB and 61CFM.
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Not really sure what else I will be doing with the case. Might add some UV CCFL's.
Really wish I could add a 120mm intake fan at the bottom but the HX1000 gets in the way a bit.
DSC_0012.jpg

Looking good! :thup:
Is it possible to reverse the orientation of the H50 so that the tubing is closer to the mobo tray as opposed to hanging down from the center of the case?

Well I could flip the radiator but it seems to put alot of tension on the hoses.
And even then the hoses still hang a bit in the middle.

Might be able to fit an 80mm fan at the bottom, need to drill some holes and see.

Ok well I tried mounting it reverse of how I had it. Way too much tension on the hoses...
So I turned the rad. 90*. A little cleaner and not nearly as much tension.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Also these fans are going to look really good.

DSC_0025.jpg

Looking good. I also picked up a 932 from MicroCenter a couple momths back. The case has a few draw backs but overall is a great case for the price. Liking MicroCenter more all the time.

Very interested in how the H50 works out for you. Been eye balling that cooler for a while now. Like how you hung it as well.

Mega_Death, would just like to know what you thought the draw backs of the 932 were? Wish they painted it black inside tho :( worth paying a extra $20 no?

Dust filters would be a big plus.
But since I own a air compressor its not a huge deal.

I went with the H-50 because its pretty close to the performance of the top air coolers. Also I really dont care for the huge size of the big air coolers. I dont wanna worry if the cooler is going to block half of my memory slots or mounting this huge 1lb chunk of aluminum off the side of my $300 motherboard lol.

The H-50 just seems much more simple.
Im wondering how good the factory TIM is on these units though.

Ill post some more pics once my motherboard comes in. Neweggs 3day shipping has turned into 14 day shipping b/c of the holidays lol.

onefstsnake, looking great the way you have the H50 mounted, well done!

Cant wait to see when mobo is mounted too!

onefstsnake, looking great the way you have the H50 mounted, well done!

Cant wait to see when mobo is mounted too!

Wow a reply from the Swagman himself lol.
Yeah the motherboard should be here in about 9 days...

Not sure what else Ill do with the case just yet.

i just love those Xigmatek fans. they look good in any system :thup:

you going to put some of those fans for your side panel as well?
good luck ;)

I am going to be buying a 932 case in a few weeks and I like the look of your system. I'l have to paint the insides of my case as well since seeing yours.

Actually if you want to take any strain off the tubing then I'd rotate the Rad 180 degrees so it is just opposite of what it are now !

Actually if you want to take any strain off the tubing then I'd rotate the Rad 180 degrees so it is just opposite of what it are now !

Yeah I might try that. There isnt much tension on them now. Just wish they were a little more flexible.

Going to buy a DVD/RW drive tomorrow. I wanna try a mod out. Seems like it will work in my head but who knows haha.

Ok. Parts showed up an hour ago.

Asus P6X58D Premium
G.Skill Pi DDR3 1600 1.5v 6gb
EVGA Classified GPU
WD500 Black

As soon as I get off work its GO time!
Hope to be @ 4.0ghz by midnight!

Pics tonight as well! :cool:

Looking pretty slick. I am planning on getting the Corsair Hydro as well. You mention too much tension on the hoses in some of your pics, however, some pics and videos i have seen online ( Here and Here ) seem to have WAY more tension on the hoses than your config. Wondering if the hoses really aren't that flexible or if you just aren't comfortable pushing them too far.

Really wish I could add a 120mm intake fan at the bottom but the HX1000 gets in the way a bit.
DSC_0012.jpg

I had the same problem when I move to my 1050 Enermax. What I did was push the slide that you can pull out for longer psu back so it would hang over a little. Then I went down to Microcenter and picked up a Slip Stream Slip. It's only 12mm thick and fits right in. Only thing I had to do was to get some rubber mounts since with screws it puts the rotor right up against the case and you can hear it rubbing.

Works great and feeds right into the intake of my 4870x2.

Back