• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T Deluxe V2, Bios 0704 and Network ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

So, i updated my BIOS to 0704 last week on my P6T D V2, and i noticed that when i was in the middle of tuning my OC, restarting, and even shutting down, mainly during lock ups and BSOD's, the network ports both flood my Linksys router and block the internet from my other computers. All i have to do at that point unplug my Ethernet cables and at that point all is normal, then when the computer is booting back up it resets it self or clears out and i can plug back in. I am running bridged connection from both ports on the MoBo. Has anyone else experienced this? I only mention the BIOS update to see if any of you may think that would be the problem.

might try flashing back to the original bios - I think my particular board came with a May bios.. I don't perform mobo bios flashes unless I'm already having an issue or there's some improvement/update that I need, i.e. support for i9.

I will definitely try that, I was tampering with the dangerous waters of BIOS flashing to try to see if my clock would stabilize, which i think it did, or maybe didnt, i could have just found the proper settings by the time i flashed... Will let you know how it goes...

unbridged the network ports... seems to work and shut down properly on hard power down. not that i like hard power downs, but its unavoidable in the OC world when your tuning in your settings ;-P

Also, i decided not to re-flash back, since i don't want to chance the stability of what i got now... lets just say i am prepping for the "Golftown" release...

Back