• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much would you spend on cooling your pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

I have seen all different sorts of cooling products for pcs. From fans to phase change units.

My questions is how much would you spend on cooling your pc?:shrug:

My limit was $300 us. I got a swiftech h20 220 system. I then bought two graphics card blocks and ram sinks. I think my total was $230.

It all depends on the system. I went watercooled, you can see the stuff in my sig. I'l probably at $800 or so in total, mainly because I have two full cover blocks on my GPUs.

This is a hard question to quantify, there are sooo many different setups out there. Air, WC, Phase, Ln2, and more.

It all depends on the system. I went watercooled, you can see the stuff in my sig. I'l probably at $800 or so in total, mainly because I have two full cover blocks on my GPUs.

This is a hard question to quantify, there are sooo many different setups out there. Air, WC, Phase, Ln2, and more.

What kind of temps. are you getting out of this cooling rig?

prices here in Australia are out of whack compared to US, but i've spent about $100 on fans, and $100 on a TRUE+ TR HR03 gpu cooler.

that's probably like $150 USD? :shrug:

for air coolers, most of the money is spent on big arse heatsinks, but i've probably spent more on fans.

Same as Conumdrum, I went to watercooling just before Christmas setting me back about 1k eur. (this include some spare stuff as i had to order stuff from UK and Germany)
Separate loops for CPU and GPU and temperatures i am getting 39-52 for CPU and 23-35 for GPU. Temperatures should go little down once i manage to hit 58 which is melting point for Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPads I did used.

I load at about 55C for CPU and about the same on my GPU's. What temps we get can be very very different. If my room was 5C warmer, my CPU would be 5C warmer.

Suffice to say my temps are way way within reasonable and it's much quieter than air cooling.

For my desktop, probably not as much as most people here. About $40 on a CM GeminII S, a $6 60mm fan, and about $25 on a 92mm delta. Haven't gotten an aftermarket gpu heatsink since the stock heatsink foes a pretty good job. So just over $70 for total cooling.

Edit: Heh, sorry, just realized the thread was "how much would you spend" and not "how much did you spend". Probably $50 max on fans, $60-$70 max on cpu cooling, and $50 max on gpu cooling. And by that I mean at a time, so I may order a nice cpu heatsink then add a high cfm fan to it a month or two later.

Last edited:
Back