Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > News & Community Announcements
News & Community Announcements Overclocking news and information regarding the Overclockers community
Forum Jump

[O/C]The Overclocker Magazine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-28-09, 05:08 PM Thread Starter   #1
Overclockers.com

[O/C]The Overclocker Magazine

From Overclockers.com:

Quote:
I am proud to announce that Overclockers Forums has been featured in the latest issue of The Overclocker magazine. This online publication is the "world’s first magazine dedicated exclusively to overclocking and binding the world’s overclocking communities together."

For the article on Overclockers Forums, check out pages 38-39.
I highly recommend giving the whole publication a look. Everything is really well-written and informative.

Inside Issue 8 - "2010 Here We Go!":

The magazine also features several product reviews...
Click Here to read more from Overclockers.com

Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 01-16-10 at 01:06 AM.
Overclockers.com is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-28-09, 06:47 PM   #2
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

It's a good read, make sure you check this out when you get a chance.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-28-09, 08:08 PM   #3
mdcomp
Classic Moderator Admin
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge

This is awesome! Read most of the rest of the magazine, too. Good stuff.

Matt

mdcomp is offline Author Profile Benching Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-28-09, 10:59 PM   #4
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

Sure is!

Heh, maybe we should use this thread for something. It's welling up inside, just bursting to come out......

Y

I'm going to run away now, lest the thread run away with me...

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-28-09, 11:19 PM   #5
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

A

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 01:37 AM   #6
Kevin007

T

ATI Radeon HD 4800
Kevin007 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 09:37 AM   #7
Ben333
Folding for Team 32!

T.
Ben333 is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 10:05 AM   #8
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

A

This thing is the devil. Should never have started it.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 10:12 AM   #9
EarthDog
Researches Meritless
LIES for the Front
Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor
First Responders

Cool.

Being a noob here (well 1 year) I have no idea wth that Yatta stuff is. Im thinking I would prefer to stay out of it.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 10:15 AM   #10
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

G!

Yatta! http://www.mit.edu/people/patil/yatta.html

Lyrics: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/yattalyrics.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa11y, 11-21-2001
“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”

What is Yatta? Yatta is a music video I ran across while clicking some links. I started out with a webcomic I like to visit (no, I won’t post a link. It’s a bad, evil comic), and took a link to another site (again, no link, it’s another bad, evil site. Worse than the first), where there was a link titled “Five naked dancing men , with wholesome family values.” With a title like that, who could resist? So, I used my high bandwidth connection to download and watched the movie. Somewhat in shock, I watched the movie again. Then I saved it to my hard drive. It had a firm hold on me. The music was catchy, and the dancing was pretty amusing. And I’ve always loved the Japanese. I’m an anime freak, and someday want to be able to speak Japanese, so I can watch untranslated anime. But this held my fascination in a way that no other music video had. Intrigued by the word “Yatta!” I began a search. It ended with a definition that has been posted a few times. Basically, it means, “I did it!” But since I don’t yet speak Japanese, I have no idea what they did. Being a senior, I get to post in the Blue Room. Since this video gripped me, I decided I should share this with the other seniors. And I did. I posted a link to the video directly, so they could skip the disturbing images I had to wade through to find it. The response was varied. But in the end, all seemed to be caught up in this new phenomenon.

About a week after my initial post of Yatta, Reddeathdrinker thought I should be punished for what I had unleashed. Hence, the Avatar I wear. But I defied them. I wore the avatar with pride. Sure, it wasn’t my pretty lady Britney, but it was something fun, that I could be proud of. I started a new craze, and it’s effects would last for quite some time. I also changed my sig to match. In fact, Skip even got in on it, and put “Yatta” in his sig.

It was then decided I should make some link to the video, perhaps under my homepage in the user control panel. But since I hadn’t been wearing my “Avatar o’ shame” for a whole week yet, we decided to hold off until the Monday after I started wearing my new Avatar. But by then the idea had evolved. We would make every mention of Yatta in our sigs as links to the video. And the Idea became an Institution. And thus we did. Some disguised the link better than others by changing the color. But it was there in quite a few sig. It was also decided that we’d let you question a while, and perhaps find a few links to the video, but not give you any more info about it, for about a week. But I decided it would be best not to wait a week. Sure, it was a good joke, but an inside joke only goes so far. So I decided to explain it now.

And thus you have the whole story of Yatta. Just something humorous that caught the attention of the Seniors and Mods of this find message board, and we thought we’d have some fun with the regular members. Abuse of power? Yes, please! But it was all in fun, and I hope all have had some fun with it.

So go forth now, and share with the world the joys of Yatta. Share it with friends and family. Share it with strangers. Post it on every message board you visit. Let’s see if we can’t make this the next internet craze. The next “All your base…” The next big thing, Jack!

And apologies to those on dialup. But give it the time it needs to download. You’ll thank me for it later.

Old 12-29-09, 10:22 AM   #11
benbaked
Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
Being a noob here (well 1 year) I have no idea wth that Yatta stuff is. Im thinking I would prefer to stay out of it.
Yeah, let's stick to the other kind of green leaves.

ASUS Maximus Hero VI | i7-4770K | EVGA 680GTX FTW | G-Skill Trident X 2x8GB DDR3 | Crucial M500 480GB
ASUS Maximus Formula SE | QX6700 | Gigabyte 4350 | OCZ Gold 2x4GB DDR2 | Intel X25-M 80GB
PS4 | Wii U | Xbox 360 (Zephyr) with WD3200BEVT 320GB | PS3 fat with WD1600BEVT 160GB | HBC-equipped Wii

The Chronicles of OCF Rosetta

StaTek is my hero.

R.I.P. Adak, OldSkool, pscout
benbaked is offline Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 12:18 PM   #12
Kevin007

R

ATI Radeon HD 4800
Kevin007 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 12:41 PM   #13
stereo555
Overclocking is music to my soul

10 Year Badge

Nice to see a little recognition for OCF !

Also to note Overclockers.com is now on Twitter ! Dont forget to join .

* Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH12LS30 Blu Burner - Samsung SH-S223Q - X-Fi Titanium - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
~ "Random segments of code and ghosts in my machine" ~
Heatware

Join your overclocking frag buddies at [OCG] (aka: [OCG]w00ps )

Last edited by stereo555; 12-29-09 at 12:48 PM.
stereo555 is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 01:37 PM   #14
Dolk
I once overclocked an Intel
in a nightmare and
it was HORRIBLE Senior

OCF's Plaything

E

We have a magazine?

be proud of the pink stars
Earthdog: New codename for SB for extreme overclockers... BLEH.

Dolk is offline Author Profile Benching Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-09, 01:51 PM   #15
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

E

Nope, it's an online magazine that was started a while ago. Decent read if you want something else to add to your plate.

Old 12-29-09, 01:55 PM   #16
Dolk
in a nightmare and
it was HORRIBLE Senior

OCF's Plaything

N

Hmm never knew.

Old 12-29-09, 02:05 PM   #17
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

L

Yep, it's an e-magazine. They send it in a .pdf I believe. Free to subscribe, just sign up at their site.

Random thought - This Yatta makes Hiro Nakimura's exclamations of "Yatta!" when he's excited on NBC's "Heros" that much more entertaining.

Old 12-29-09, 02:21 PM   #18
Dolk
in a nightmare and
it was HORRIBLE Senior

OCF's Plaything

E

I should subscribe. Who's articles are posted in there?

Old 12-29-09, 02:34 PM   #19
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

A

They do their own work, like we do - they have a staff which is likely paid, and they focus on everyone across the overclocking community, ignoring forum/site boundaries for the most part. I believe they've brought on some popular names, like Massman. I'm not sure who else is associated that most people would recognize.

Old 12-29-09, 02:53 PM   #20
Dolk
in a nightmare and
it was HORRIBLE Senior

OCF's Plaything

V

Man this sucks, how come I'm not in it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > News & Community Announcements
News & Community Announcements Overclocking news and information regarding the Overclockers community