• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big WU points?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Hey guys, I just finished folding my first big WU and HFM reported it was worth about 25,000 points or so but much to my surprise I got about 59,000 points!! :shock: How did I get so many points from that WU? I understand that I've got some GPU WUs in there as well but I definitely got more than 25,000 points from that WU. Did i get a bonus for finishing before the deadline or something?

Attachments

• Stats.jpg
    Stats.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 200
BONUS POINTS!!!

It's normal. The -bigadv project returns bonus points if you complete the WUs under a certain time (3 days?) and the faster you complete the WU, the more bonus points you get! This is what makes -bigadv such a PPD producer.

THe formula is:
Bonus multiplier = If WU_Time < Preferred_Deadline then SQRT(Final_Deadline x Kfactor / WU_Time) else 1.

So the multiplier on a WU that takes 31 minutes/frame, 2.15 days, to fold calculates like this:

multiplier = SQRT(6x2/2.15)= 2.361

WU_Credit = Base_Value x Multiplier
WU_Credit = 59,976 = 25403 x 2.361

PPD = WU_Credit / WU_Time
PPD= 27,896 = 59,976 / 2.15

HFM has a coulmn labeled Credit that closely approximates the WU_Credit you will receive.

THe formula is:
Bonus multiplier = If WU_Time < Preferred_Deadline then SQRT(Final_Deadline x Kfactor / WU_Time) else 1.

So the multiplier on a WU that takes 31 minutes/frame, 2.15 days, to fold calculates like this:

multiplier = SQRT(6x2/2.15)= 2.361

WU_Credit = Base_Value x Multiplier
WU_Credit = 59,976 = 25403 x 2.361

PPD = WU_Credit / WU_Time
PPD= 27,896 = 59,976 / 2.15

HFM has a coulmn labeled Credit that closely approximates the WU_Credit you will receive.
Holy crap, are you a rocket scientist ChasR?? :D
I didn't realize the credit coulmn was there, but that's awesome. Next one is showing 61,386, I like these Big WUs!!

I guess these wu's have to be folded on at least a quad intel right?

So true... and the key is closely approximates. I can't be exactly sure of the Credit one will receive for a WU. But so far, all my estimates seem to be coming in about +1% because HFM doesn't take into account the "return time", which I'm not about to try to start estimating right now (I probably could, but bigger fish to fry).

Bottom line... it's real close. ;)

Back