• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD advised drivers / sata mode combination?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monographix

Registered
What is the best win7 PCH Drivers - Sata mode combination for SSD, for mainly best TRIM behavior and secondly overall performance ? (non Raid)
AHCI or IDE? MS or Intel (matrix storage manager)?

Thanks

right now for win 7 you need to stick with the ms drivers and can run in sata mode. there is talk that the new intel rapid store drivers will pass trim but not been confirmed by myself so not sure, I have tried the ms and intel drivers and my inter driver actually performs better with the ms drivers anyway, some say they are faster with the intel drivers.

sata mode = ahci ?
"and my inter driver actually performs better with the ms drivers anyway" = SSD performs better with the intel drivers in your system than MS ?

on my desktop, the ms drivers perform better on my platter raid or ssd. that is according to crystaldisk and as ssd benches. its not huge but is a difference, and dont want to give up trim. so its a no-brainer to me as to which I will use. tried them under vista32 and win7 64 both close to the same differences and still faster with the ms drivers

Back