Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.
Forum Jump

Links sometimes won't work.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-30-09, 08:13 PM Thread Starter   #1
4GHZ_or_bust
Now 6GHz or Bust!

Links sometimes won't work.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=629697 and http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=629474 for example has links that go to newegg.com but when I click on it, sometimes instead of going directly to the site I go through www.tkqlhce where the browser then reports an error message:
Quote:
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.tkqlhce.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-3754110...82E16813131404 is one such link. If I manually edit the link and inser the /'s, &'s, and ='s then the link works.

I didn't see anything with AV scan on my leptop so either that web site has been blacklisted via HOST file I got from ad-hating site or that site isn't working.

Any idea?

Old 12-30-09, 08:23 PM   #2
Joeteck
Retired

You be infected with malware! Download malwarebytes

Check your hosts file, or your IE proxy settings...

Scan that bad boy!

EDIT: after additional searching I found out its a tracking website... like a google bot, or some sort..

Do you have a BHO installed??
Joeteck is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-30-09, 08:54 PM   #3
Shelnutt2
Overclockers Team Content Editor

I believe inet now uses this, you are redirected through there so newegg knows you are coming from ocforums. iNet gets a little % and we automatically get any current discount offered to ocforums. Sometimes there are special % off for ocforums members but you might not know it, or know the code. This way it would be done automatically.

All the newegg links work for me, btw. (Firefox 3.5.6, gentoo)

Want to run the folding@home gpu client in linux?
www.linuxfah.info

Your teacher is a dumbass. The equation is exact. ~Frodo Baggins
Damn....It's 12:00 AM and I thought my 805 would be a magic pumkin and turn into a conroe.........boy was I fooled:) ~Stilletto
This is what I get for not only being a newb, but also disregarding instructions! ~ShadowPho
I hate women... but im not gay lol. ~MrCrowley
Love can fade but knowledge stays forever (unless you develop alzheimers). ~Constantinos
Shelnutt2 is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-30-09, 09:44 PM Thread Starter   #4
4GHZ_or_bust
Now 6GHz or Bust!

Just ran the online scaner with eset.com and it checked out clean. So it had to be blacklisted in HOST file, and it was listed under the subject "# [ValueClick via Commission Junction[216.34.209.0 - 216.34.209.31]"

I added a '#' to the line with tkqlhce.com site to allow it to work.

Old 01-02-10, 09:41 PM   #5
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Your clean, that domain is a skimlinks domain (commision junction specifically). Commission Junction is Newegg's affiliate program - affiliates earn money when they send someone to newegg and they make a purchase.

Skimlinks works with affiliate programs from many vendors. It automatically converts links, so that we can earn some income when we advise members and they go to vendor sites and make purchases.

With the money we earn, hopefully we'll be able to invest further in the site and make more improvements.

There is potential that you could be affected in the future if you encounter other affiliate link domains which you have blocked.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.