• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg, Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerd4life

hey guys,

was putting my cold block on my cpu and mounting it down and POP. oh crap, the hinge on the side of the socket snapped. now i cant mount the cold block on the cpu properly, much less another heat sink. i tried putting some contact cement on it, and am letting that sit for awhile. but im not sure what else to do besides just ghetto riggin this thing out. and im not sure how well the cold block will stay once i do whatever.

yall have any ideas about what i can do to get this cold block to stay in place, or am i just out of luck and need to buy another board.

btw, i have an epox 3kha with a celeron. and am mounting a cold block from dangerden on it.

thx alot

You do have the through holes around the socket on the motherboard too don't ya? Probably time to engineer an Athlon style holddown from plexiglass and nylon bolts.

You can see a pic on dangerdens' site here: http://dangerden.com/mall/maze1.asp
Look near the bottom of the page for the plexiglass holddown.

Best of luck to ya.

nerd4life said:
was putting my cold block on my cpu and mounting it down and POP. oh crap, the hinge on the side of the socket snapped.

Hahahahaha, How dumb are you?

Well... As dumb as me probably. I did the same thing!

My recommendation would be to get a new cold block that uses mounting screws instead of the clips(clips are lame)

I did some handiwork with some rubber bands and got the thing going again. This was on my old 1.0 Ghz, so it didn't need that much cooling.

sweet, thanx guys. thought i had lost my board there for a sec. good to know im not the only one who's done this:)

That's not even close to as ghetto as the case it used to be in:D

I wish I had a picture, it was made out of 1/8" plexiglass, I cut it with a BoxKnife, so it had cracks all over the place. That thing was pure ghetto! The funny thing is that all my friends that had never seen a plexi case before thought it was the Shiznit. :rolleyes: In all actuallity, I can't believe it didn't fall apart!!!

Back