• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Will be putting togeather a I7 setup as soon as cpu and mobo arrive this week.Question I do not have another 6gb set for this one, I have a 4 gb set. How will this effect the running of VM and big wu's??

I'm thinking that your VM will be have some serious swap space usage, since a system running bigadv's and not much else looks to be taking 3.6gb+ of RAM, that in native Linux. You might want to just run regular SMP units until you can get more RAM.

I'm thinking that your VM will be have some serious swap space usage, since a system running bigadv's and not much else looks to be taking 3.6gb+ of RAM, that in native Linux. You might want to just run regular SMP units until you can get more RAM.

Might have to, can not afford another set of ram right now.

I've been buying the 3x2gb sets of RAM, but I don't know if it would make any difference to just add a 2gb stick to a 2x2gb set. However, DDR3 is pretty pricey, a single 2gb stick's still going to be at least $45 on Newegg.

Back