• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Avast! just a bit annoying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Man, now that I have run PC tools Spyware Doctor with antivirus for a year and my subscription has expired, I am forced to choose from all the freeware stuff out there...so I installed Avast! and it P.O's me to no end....especaily the "on access scanner.
If I scroll down a bit the screen freezes up and I have to wait for Avast to decide if it is ok to view..so it now takes an hour to see all the stuff on my homepage, and trying to view my tv listings is a lesson in futility.
I am now going to try Antivir...AVG,Norton, McAffee and Norton corp have all let me down.
If I could afford PC Tools, that would be the one I would choose, but it costs more than I could afford at this time.
The only thing that POed me about spyware doctor is that when it quit working, it also deleted most of my bookmarks.
So I will try Avira, and if I don't like it, I will try NOD32 next...maybe by that time, business will pick up and I can get Spyware Doc.
I like Spyware Doctor with Antivirus mainly because it has stopped a few atempts to invade my computer.
No need for a reply..(unless you want to) I'm just sounding off :)
:Edit:
OK I now have Avira running, and I like it much more than Avast..so far.
I had Avast installed for four hrs and uninstalled...I think it is a new record for me and software. Usualy I would give the prog a while to settle down, but when I had to wait4-6 seconds for every movement of my mouse, I felt it was counter productive for my needs and I hate waiting for a computer to decide to let me work.
I will give Avira a few days and see how it goes....for now, I think I have found my substitute for Spyware Doc.
:Edit:

Last edited:
Wow, I have used Avast for years and never had a problem with it. I have it running on x84 and x64 systems just fine. Avast has always been one of the best in detecting new virus signatures, so I am sorry to hear you had so many problems with it.

Back